PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find 4E modules for download/purchase?

dcook22
July 27th, 2009, 02:43
Does anyone know where I can find some 4E modules for DL? The WOTC mods would be great, but others crreated by VTT users would be fine too.

I know Dungeon magazine is helpful, but I can't figure out how to make the maps bigger.

Thanks,

Dan

Zoso
July 27th, 2009, 02:58
What do you mean by modules? I believe WotC has not licensed any material for use with VTT since they have plans for their own tabletop.

dcook22
July 27th, 2009, 03:56
What do you mean by modules? I believe WotC has not licensed any material for use with VTT since they have plans for their own tabletop.

Well, in the tutorial videos, Xorne has Thunderspire Mountain and Keep on the Shadowfell listed in his campaigns. I assumed those we made from .pdf's of those actual pen and paper modules. Did he just scan the docs himself into .pdf's, or perhaps create the maps in Dundjinni or something?

I'd like to get those modules.

Dan

Zoso
July 27th, 2009, 05:06
In Xorne's example, he was copy n' pasting from a typed up document I believe. But for any adventures that you have the pdf (either purchased before they stopped that practice) or scanned + OCR'd, you can just copy paste from the pdf into FG or use Tenian's parser to create the adventure modules. Either way, the modules cannot be distributed due to copyright issues. Once you get used to the parser, it can be very quick to use, allowing modules to be made in a reasonable amount of time.

Griogre
July 27th, 2009, 05:43
Now that Wizards has stopped selling PDFs the only adventuers you can get are RPGA ones. If you pass the 4E herald test you can download all the PDFs as you use them. You are now allowed to run RPGA online as private games and there is actually a group on yahoo that runs games regularly. https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RPGA_Group/?yguid=102006455