PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting

Manoftyr
July 27th, 2009, 02:14
Hello I have Verizon FIOS and I run on an Actiontec MI424-WR router and have my firewall set to allow Fantasy Grounds to run as well as ports 1802-1811 forwarded. The host I'm trying to connect to has his firewall off and port forwarding on and I still don't seem to be able to connect.

We've been at this for over an hour and I'm at my wits end trying to get this darned thing working; any help given would be greatly appreciated.

Griogre
July 27th, 2009, 05:54
Gennerally speaking the client doesn't have to do anything, so while it sounds like you could host, it doesn't matter for connecting to his server.

As for the host: 1) Cutting off his firewall means he can't open his ports so they would stay closed. That's likely one of his problems. 2) There are also typically a firewall in the box connecting him to the Internet as well that he needs to open the port on and forward it to the local IP address of his server. He should also make is local IP static so it doesn't change on his local router so the port forwarding will aways work even if his local lease expires.

Have the host go to www.pcflank.com and start the FG server. Use advanced port scanning on port 1802. If it says he is stealthed or closed it's likely a firewall.