PDA

View Full Version : Battlemap sizes

Irkenfirk
July 26th, 2009, 20:59
Hey all

I'm trying to find a good map scale for a battlemap.

I have a reference map, and I'm trying to create the rooms individually for use as battlemaps with dundjinni, but the maps show up enormous in FG2 when I export them. Alternativley, if I use pre-made maps, I can't get them to appear the same size. (ie: 2 adjacent rooms of the same size- room a comes up as 1200x pixels, room b as 500pixels, etc. My OCD demands consistancy!)

What sizes do you use for battlemaps? Once you have a size for the map, what grid scale do you use in FG2? If there are previous discussions along this line, can you direct me to them?

Thanks, getting a little frustrated here.

Irkenfirk
July 26th, 2009, 22:59
Edit: Okay, I have several versions of a battlemap. One is a 400 x 400px, and one is a 600x600px. The 400px shows up huge, the 600 shows up large, and other versions I have all show up as different sizes. Is there a way to regulate this?

Zoso
July 26th, 2009, 23:15
You can zoom the images with the mouse wheel if you want to get your grids the same size. Also, if you hold Ctrl and click, you can resize the area of the image.

Griogre
July 27th, 2009, 05:28
Also the reason you might be having problems with your trials is the size of of the map is stored. So if you are using the same name, ie test map, FG will think it's the same map and zoom it according to the original size of the map.