PDA

View Full Version : Can not host ? major issues

grymlord
July 21st, 2009, 01:30
Ok, I haveload screen is different and doesnt even have the option to host a game. posted this 3 times.

I recently purchased this software because i wanted to get a group of long time players together.

Before i purchased I tried the demo and ran it with a friend across the country. Everything worked exactly as I had hoped. Then I made the mistake of purchasing the software. The program is completely different and ther eis no way to host a game. the button that was present in the demo is completley gone.

Then I tried to run the test connection and I keep getting a failure. I have opened the port. I am using Windows Vista on my laptop and xp on my desktop and am having the same issue on both. I want to be able to use this program as it is advertised but again i feel i have made a fruitless purchase.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and why doesnt this company have a tech support contact!

Griogre
July 21st, 2009, 02:56
I replied to your post in the Tavern. The functionality is the same, the laucher is just different.

The FG tech support e-mail is [email protected]

If you have opened the port - have you forwarded it to the correct computer? If the demo worked the full version should work also.

Blue Haven
July 21st, 2009, 12:22
Maybe you didn´t clean the demo version well?? with Vista everthing is possible...make a fresh install but first look in your folders and clean everthing that you see about FG and clean the registry too and then see what happens...i have Vista and XP but i never had such a problem...did you buy the Lite version instead of the Full??

Karazax
July 21st, 2009, 14:01
That was my thought as well, if you bought the lite version you can only join games, not host them, so perhaps that is the problem if you don't even see the option to host at all. There is an option to upgrade if you bought the wrong version.

grymlord
July 21st, 2009, 15:05
Ok uninstalled everything and reinstalled it still getting the same issue I wonder if they gave me the wrong key.
I'm really getting aggravated

Sorontar
July 21st, 2009, 15:24
Check your order history in the store (down the bottom near the payment options graphic) to see exactly what you purchased.

Another check should be if it is a LITE license it should say so next to your build number on the game screen where you join games IIRC (should say something like v.2.4.4 LITE at the top right).

Also if it does turn out to be a wrong purchase just get yourself a full license and sell the LITE onto your friends you're planning to play with.

grymlord
July 21st, 2009, 19:09
ok confirmed
1 x Fantasy Grounds II Full License ($39.95) there is no lite next to the version number which is 2.4.4
Here is a image of the screen shot no host game icon/ button what ever. where is it?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30346858@N04/3743660014/sizes/o/

Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Zeus
July 21st, 2009, 19:23
ok confirmed
1 x Fantasy Grounds II Full License ($39.95) there is no lite next to the version number which is 2.4.4
Here is a image of the screen shot no host game icon/ button what ever. where is it?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30346858@N04/3743660014/sizes/o/

Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Click on Create New Campaign.
Enter Campaign Name
Select Ruleset as desired.
Select any extensions required and if available.
Hit Start button in bottom right.

This will load up and host a new campaign.

After the initial session, for each session thereafter click on load campaign, select your campaign you created in the first session and click start.

grymlord
July 21st, 2009, 21:25
So I am automatically hosting when i open up a module/campaign?

If thats the case, I feel sooooooo Stupid.

Griogre
July 21st, 2009, 21:33
Yes, you are hosting when you open a module/campaign. :) Just be happy, it was something simple - while very aggravating and embarrassing - the fix is always so simple for these type of problems. ;)

grymlord
July 21st, 2009, 21:46
Yes, you are hosting when you open a module/campaign. :) Just be happy, it was something simple - while very aggravating and embarrassing - the fix is always so simple for these type of problems. ;)

Still having issues... is there somoene who could babystep me through preferably on line. At this point i think it works, but cant check. none of my friends purchased licenses yet cause want to make sure it works before investing.

grymlord
July 21st, 2009, 22:17
well it seems if someone has a demo they can not connect to me. Either that is SOP or there is a further issue here.

Anyone with more technical knowhow on this software willing to help me please email me. I have sent several emails to support which have gone unacknowledged.

Griogre
July 21st, 2009, 22:19
It's in the FAQ, Demo can't connect to real versions.

Sure, just ask for a connection check and post the alias - though the connection test seems to work fine for me. As a courtesy to anyone helping you, create a new foundation campaign with the 3.5 extension for people to check connection. Because this is a pak ruleset people connecting won't have to download a ruleset transfer to just login and post the connection is good on the server.

grymlord
July 21st, 2009, 22:47
Someone please try to connect to me....
alias is ugly roll idle zone

Can not confirm program is working without connect.
Test connection keeps reporting FAILURE.

Zeus
July 21st, 2009, 22:59
Someone please try to connect to me....
alias is ugly roll idle zone

Can not confirm program is working without connect.
Test connection keeps reporting FAILURE.

OK if the test connection doesn't result in Success then it sounds like the required port (1802) isn't open and/or forwarded to the IP of your FGII server.

Check the configuration of your modem/router/firewall devices.

grymlord
July 21st, 2009, 23:01
OK if the test connection doesn't result in Success then it sounds like the required port (1802) isn't open and/or forwarded to the IP of your FGII server.

Check the configuration of your modem/router/firewall devices.

Exactly how?
Running Vista and have a linksys router.

Zeus
July 21st, 2009, 23:08
Exactly how?
Running Vista and have a linksys router.

Goto this website https://www.portforward.com, scroll down and find your make and model and click its link.

On the page that loads click on the default setup guide link. Now follow the instructions.

The port to open/forward is 1802.

grymlord
July 22nd, 2009, 00:11
I seriously do not wish to pay another 29.95 to get this program to work.....

Zeus
July 22nd, 2009, 00:46
I seriously do not wish to pay another 29.95 to get this program to work.....

? Not sure I follow you.

grymlord
July 22nd, 2009, 00:53
No matter what I do port 1802 remains closed and not reachable.

I am beginning to think I wasted my Money!!!!
I tried going thru Lynksys no luck tried using "Simple Port Forwarding" no success.

i know I am not the first or only person to have had this problem after reviewing the posts. I been at this for 2 days now. Its no longer fun.

Zeus
July 22nd, 2009, 00:58
No matter what I do port 1802 remains closed and not reachable.

I am beginning to think I wasted my Money!!!!
I tried going thru Lynksys no luck tried using "Simple Port Forwarding" no success.

i know I am not the first or only person to have had this problem after reviewing the posts. I been at this for 2 days now. Its no longer fun.

If you have confirmed the ports are open and forwarded to the IP of your FGII server on your Linksys router then check and make sure that you have no other firewalls configured on your Vista machine.

You may have more than one firewall configured.

Griogre
July 22nd, 2009, 01:08
What do you have connected to the linksys? Do you hve either a cable modem or DSL modem? They usually also have firewalls in them.

What type of firewall do you have on your computer?

grymlord
July 22nd, 2009, 01:18
Ok heres an update....

My desktop can now host because it has one IP address, but my laptop which i plan to use for this program is not accessing it. the lap top which is connected via a wireless router has assigned a different ip to the program.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

grymlord
July 22nd, 2009, 01:31
FINALLY SUCCESS!!!!!!!

now to see if anyone can connect to me. Anyone?

Alias = ugly roll idle zone

I appreciate everyone who has spent time listening to me complain and pull the last few hairs from my head. I think i could have given birth easier than this but anyway catastrophe adverted.

joshuha
July 22nd, 2009, 03:12
This is a good learning experience. If you ever need to host a program like Ventrilo or Teamspeak you will also need to learn how to forward ports.

Griogre
July 22nd, 2009, 05:28
I'm glad you got it working.

Zeus
July 22nd, 2009, 08:01
Yes. Glad you got this working also.

In the defense of Smiteworks, FGII uses standard TCP/IP. Given the problems you had, you shouldn't really blame this on the FGII software but rather Microsoft and Linksys.

As a suggestion to the developers of FGII and to ease the use of the tool for first time users maybe its worthwhile including a tooltip or something when you hover the mouse over the buttons in the launcher.