PDA

View Full Version : New to FGII and LFG.

Contra Mundum
July 20th, 2009, 20:14
I'm in the Central Time Zone, and can generally play on a Thursday or Friday. Really hard to meet more than once a month or so though.

Willing to DM with the D20 rules.

Damaul
July 20th, 2009, 23:51
Im in the Pacific time Zone but if you are willing to work with that and the fact that im a new D20 player I would love to play a game with you. What kind of campaign do you think you would be running? I think I would be most comfortable having my first game start between level 3 and 5 but going until whenever. I would like to play a high dex Melee type but think I can pull off a decent sorcerer, rogue or cleric depending on what the party needs. Fridays are best for me anytime between 8 pm til 12 your time.

Contra Mundum
July 21st, 2009, 14:56
Great..lets see if we can get a few more to join us.

Damaul
July 22nd, 2009, 00:01
Sounds good to me, it might help attract people faster if you give them an idea of what type of campaign you will be running.

Contra Mundum
July 22nd, 2009, 18:56
I'm actually considering basing the world in the old, old World of Greyhawk, though I know very little about the politics of that world, it looks a little more adaptable than some of the newer ones. Plus, alot of the source materials are pretty cheap through ebay.

Damaul
July 22nd, 2009, 19:43
I like the idea, cheap is always good in todays economy :D You can always base it off of Greyhawk and throw in a little homebrew scenerio for the politics extra.

Contra Mundum
July 24th, 2009, 04:18
Okay, working on the first adventure now. Will set this thing somewhere around the Village of Hommlett area.

Damaul
July 24th, 2009, 07:55
Okay, working on the first adventure now. Will set this thing somewhere around the Village of Hommlett area.

K, what is the starting level? im thinking a chain wielding human swashbuckler..... but not the one from the complete warrior, the one i would like to use is at https://members.optusnet.com.au/~pelari/adventurepath/swashbuckler.htm but it is a homebrew so its no big deal if i cant use it. otherwise i will just go with a human chain wielding fighter or a halfling sorcerer sounds interesting:D

Contra Mundum
July 25th, 2009, 13:45
Because I'm so new to this, I'd better just start with basic d20 stuff and level 1 guys. There's alot to learn here.

DelasGoodfelllow
July 28th, 2009, 17:56
Sounds good to me - thanks for the invite Contra Mundum. Basic d20 rules is fine with me. Am fairly flexible on time/dates.

Preferred Race/Class Options (again fairly flexible depending on rest of the group's makeup and also on campaign):

Human Paladin (or maybe could pull of a Half-Orc Paladin)
Dwarf/Elf/Halfing Cleric (whatever race works best with group)

If we need a rogue, depending on how trap intensive, etc.:
Ranged Halfling Rogue/Fighter (mostly rogue, 2 fighter levels likely around 2,4)
Gnome Rogue/Bard (rogue at 1 and 3, rest Bard) OR preferably Rogue/Illusionist (again rogue at 1 and 3) if we could "bend" newer rules to allow Illusionist as favored class for Gnome.

chaosfang09
July 28th, 2009, 21:57
i might be willing to play in the campaign, i usually end up playing spell casters because my friends i play with don't like to, don't get me wrong i like spell casters but i can play a ranger or rogue as well, my favored race is drow but any elf or half elf will work.

InfinityDrake
July 28th, 2009, 22:06
Hiya, Damaul hooked me up with this link so I figured I'd leave a bit. I'd enjoy playing with your campaign, however I have a very awkward schedule that may have to be worked around every now and again. I'm pretty experience with 3.5, but have incorporated alot of d20, so feel comfortable with it.

I've mostly played clerics, healing focused clerics, battle clerics, cleric/monk. I enjoy cleric builds. However, I'm willing to do whatever is needed for the party, just keep me informed.

DarthWheaton
July 29th, 2009, 01:19
Hey,

I'm very interested in joining your game, i'm kind of a n00b but I have alot of free time and my schedule is very flexible. Let me know.

DW

Damaul
July 29th, 2009, 09:08
Ok, so if im wrong feel free to correct me but...

Delas would like to be a Paladin or a cleric(as a side note i would love to see an orc Paladin :D
chaos would like to be a ranger or a rogue since he dosent often get to play that role
drake likes clerics(you and delas should get together on this and see what u can come up with up:D one pally one cleric, a couple of clerics one battle one healing, one of u has something else ur interested in
Darth is up for whatever.... maybe a melee or spellcaster? but deff let us know whats on ur mind cuz this group seems to have everything covered:D
and me i have an interest in both a dex based cain fighter (human of elven just cant decide:D or a halfling sorcerer

This seems like a pretty interesting group of charactors, i cant wait to how this party shapes up:D

DarthWheaton
July 29th, 2009, 09:41
I'll play a wizard if that fits in with the rest of the group ok.

DW

Contra Mundum
July 29th, 2009, 14:18
Wow..this thread exploded yesterday. Welcome all of you. I'm working on the module and getting my feet wet with FGII, so you guys will have to be patient with me as well.

This campaign will be based in Greyhawk, though I doubt I'll use alot of the timeline/history exactly as it's written.

DelasGoodfelllow
July 29th, 2009, 15:52
Sounds good - looking forward to it.

If we got the cleric and rogue, I do love Paladin if that fits with the group (obviously Pally's really got this thing about working with Evil and can be a little disagreeable shall we say with non-good (neutral) and chaotic members).

The Human Paladin is the more traditional side of me (liking more "normal" type games).

The Half-Orc Paladin is rather interesting in that he is somewhat handicapped by the lower Charisma BUT rather interesting role-playing. Orphaned (or deserted), raised by religious order where the poor clerics just couldn't handle the troubled youth and handed him off to a Paladin to raise and train. The Half-Orc tries hard to fit in but has an obvious temper and sometimes a real hard time staying lawful (with a slight independent streak rearing it's "ugly" head from time to time).

Darkmind
July 29th, 2009, 22:08
You wouldn't have room for another in this campaign?

Ebeny
July 30th, 2009, 16:24
Hey guys Im interested in your game if there is still room. I guess Id like to play a melee but if you needed a ranger or spellcaster or something that would be ok.

Contra Mundum
July 30th, 2009, 16:49
I think a manageable number would be around five. Let me reiterate, I'll only be able to DM about once a month..probably a Thurs or Friday night around 8pm central..give or take.

InfinityDrake
July 30th, 2009, 22:52
I'm still very interested as previously mentioned, and am willing to coordinate with others through PM's or whatnot as to just what character I will be playing. Once a month is perfectly fine with me, as long as we're able to get some warning beforehand and maybe be able to schedule it a bit.

IanTotten
July 31st, 2009, 00:35
I would like to join also. I'm new to this and wish to get some experience with the game. I'm eastern US time

Damaul
July 31st, 2009, 00:58
I think a manageable number would be around five. Let me reiterate, I'll only be able to DM about once a month..probably a Thurs or Friday night around 8pm central..give or take.

With that being said the five that have already posted should have first dibbs and we can discuse the addition of maybe one or two more deppending on Contra Mundum. O, and once a month is kool with me :D

am willing to coordinate with others through PM's or whatnot as to just what character I will be playing. Once a month is perfectly fine with me, as long as we're able to get some warning beforehand and maybe be able to schedule it a bit.

The scedualing shouldnt be a problem, Contra Mundum can start a game in the calendar and we can make suggestions and vote on times to play.

theevilsmurf88
August 1st, 2009, 21:13
I am interested in playing a Dread Necromancer from Heroes of Horror but if that isn't ok I can come up with something else.

Dagnalis
August 1st, 2009, 21:37
I'm interested in playing some sort of wizard or fighter if you still need another person

theevilsmurf88
August 2nd, 2009, 09:10
You seem to have a lot of interest.

Is this game first come first serve or should we start coming up with backgrounds?

Contra Mundum
August 3rd, 2009, 14:27
When I have the module finished, or at least ready to start, I will post the game on the calender and contact those who responded in this thread in chronological order until we have five.

I'll keep all others as possible alternates, in case someone has to/wants to drop out.

Dagnalis
August 3rd, 2009, 16:24
Very cool i'll look out for that