PDA

View Full Version : Tokens not showing up for some players

Karazax
July 20th, 2009, 02:18
Some of our players could not see tokens on the map, while others could tonight. I was able to see them myself, then we did a server reboot to see if that would fix it for the other guys and then I was unable to see them either after that, only the green and yellow squares where they should have been. Then after about 5 minutes or so, we had all the other players disconnect, and the tokens reappeared again for me. So we had the other players reconnect and one of them was able to see tokens, but it seems we always had at least 2 people who could not see tokens at any given time. We all played last week with no token problems, so I am not sure what might have changed between last sunday and this one.

Spyke
July 21st, 2009, 13:16
It's possible that some of the players had switched machines, or otherwise deleted their caches in some way, and were having to redownload the tokens and any other assets they've used in the past. Tokens come across last, I think.

Try just leaving the server up for a few hours when you're not playing to let everyone log in and allow their systems to update.

Spyke

Karazax
July 21st, 2009, 14:00
Everyone claimed they were playing on the same machine as the previous week. I know I was. The odd thing is the first 2 times I connected all the tokens appeared for me virtually instantly. Then the 3rd time it took over 5 minutes and everyone else disconnecting before I saw them. The 4th time they appeared instantly for me again. One of the other players was having similar results to me, and the two other players were not able to get tokens to show up ever. I do know one of them was having internet connection problems so I wasn't surprised he might be having some issues seeing the tokens, but when it started happening to me too it threw me off. Anyway I will suggest having everyone try logging in for a few hours sometime this week and see if that helps.