PDA

View Full Version : TheBox

CB Droege
July 11th, 2009, 23:51
I'm using d20_JPG and I'm new to it as of today.

I think TheBox sounds like a really cool feature, but it doesn't seem to be working properly.

I've got it turned on in the options, but none of my players can see whatever their supposed to be seeing (I don't even know what it should look like).

Can someone with experience with this set give me some help?

Griogre
July 11th, 2009, 23:52
I relpied to your other post.

CB Droege
July 12th, 2009, 04:21
The box is the graphic down by the token box at the bottom right of the desktop. If you want to see what it looks like go to options and turn the box on and Show GM dice rolls. The box graphic will appear so you still have the options of making some hidden rolls.

It shows up for me when I do that, but it still doesn't show up for my players. I even had one of them send me a screen shot to be certain they weren't somehow over looking it.

Griogre
July 12th, 2009, 09:19
I don't use the d20_JPG anymore, but when I just tried it I couldn't get the box to show up on the client either. This was a new feature added to his d20 ruleset the last time. You should report this bug over at his d20 development group at FUM.

FYI this feature works fine in his 4E Ruleset, so I expect he should be able to get a fix out pretty fast.

CB Droege
July 12th, 2009, 20:10
Thanks for helping me troubleshoot, Griogre. I'll head over there to report it.

Tenian
July 12th, 2009, 23:49
4E_JPG had that bug during the 2.4 beta testing. I think it was due to some changes in user start up. I remember it was a pretty quick fix. d20_JPG tends to lag 4E_JPG by a release so the fix probably just hasn't propogated.

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2009, 07:20
It was a change in one of the FG versions that caused it not to appear on the clients right away. I'll take a look at what I did in the 4E_JPG ruleset to fix that.

Cheers,
JPG

ExNusquam
August 7th, 2009, 01:45
any fixes yet? I keep updating - players still can't see it in 4E ruleset after an upgrade about a month or so ago...

Moon Wizard
August 7th, 2009, 15:21
For the 4E_JPG ruleset, I just double-checked, and it is working on the clients.

For the d20_JPG ruleset, I uploaded v3.0.5 to address the issue.

Please make sure that you have the latest ruleset, and that the option is turned on. You will not see the box on the host machine if GM hidden rolls is also turned on, since it is not needed.

You can find the latest ruleset versions at:
FUM 4E Development (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/49-DD+4th+Edition+FG+Development)
FUM 3.5E Development (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/62-DD+3rd+Edition+FG+Development)

Cheers,
JPG