PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Pendragon?

monsterfurby
July 10th, 2009, 18:29
For quite a long time, I have pondered running a longer-term campaign of Pendragon, 5th edition. However, since there are not many roleplayers in my area, I am turning to the wide internet to find someone interested. Since Play-by-post does not really work well for a game like Pendragon, I am thinking about using Fantasy Grounds. The only thing missing would be some players.
Would anyone be up to a round of Pendragon?

Andrepartthree
July 16th, 2009, 00:16
Going to check out the rules - never read them before but sounds interesting especially since the 5th edition won an award for best revised rules or something to that effect - also it was a white wolf product at one point which is also interesting.

Did a bit of checking on the internet, check out this website

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/King_Arthur_Pendragon/summary

It's a yahoo group devoted to the Pendragon 5th edition rpg ... one reason you might not have gotten a lot of responses so far is people might not be familiar with the game.. here's one link with info on the game itself:

https://wiki.white-wolf.com/whitewolf/index.php?title=Pendragon

The way the game is structured - I believe there are personality traits you select for your character and so forth - it sounds pretty role playing (vs combat) heavy which far as I'm concerned is not a bad thing :) ... you should mention this in your post however (i.e. what the general ratio is of RPing vs combat,most people prefer 50-50 ) , your gaming style as a gamesmaster, the kind of players you're looking for et cetera ;)...

LauraW
July 31st, 2009, 17:12
I am very interested in playing a Pendragon Game. Of course, this is an old post so the poor GM probably gave up. But just in case...

I played two games of Pendragon recently at a con and I would say the game does include combat, enough to make it interesting. Its not as heavy of a role play game as the Story Teller System (White Wolf) but much more so than your typical DnD game.

Its a lot of fun and I think it would be great as a longer term campaign.