PDA

View Full Version : Help / Problems with running the programm

Garmon
July 7th, 2009, 19:23
Hello,
I just bought Fantasy Grounds 2 a few minutes ago and I have the problem that always only the updater starts. When I click on "Done" I'm again out of the programm. And i checked the directory with "Fantasy Grounds" in it. 3 .exe files, but all three start the updater.
Can anyone tell me what went wrong?
Regards
Garmon

Griogre
July 7th, 2009, 19:46
It's possible you have a problem with your key. Did you put the dashes in?

Updater problems (no packages found)
If, when running the updater, you only see two lines:

Getting package listing
Done!
This implies that your license key is not correctly registered, or there is a problem on the update server regarding your license. When entering your license, please make sure it is correctly entered, including uppercase characters and dashes.

You can, at this time, confirm your license key by doing the following:

1. Open the start menu, select run (Windows XP) or start search (Windows Vista)
2. Enter the command "regedit" and press enter
3. On the left side of the Registry Editor window navigate to: "My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\2.0"
4. On the right side, you should see a list of values including one named "LicenseKey".
5. Check that the value matches your license.
6. If the value does not match, double click on the value name, and enter your license key with dashes in the "Value data" edit box that appears. Click OK.
7. Close the Registry Editor.

If you need further assistance with the procedure, or if the problem still presists, please contact [email protected] by e-mail, as we will need to check your license details for any possible errors on the update server. Please include the original e-mail address used to purchase the license, if possible.

Garmon
July 7th, 2009, 20:54
Ah, yes, now it works. Thanks....

Griogre
July 8th, 2009, 05:06
You're welcome. Glad you got it working - problems like that are so frustrating. :(

arheide
August 22nd, 2009, 16:16
have same problem, tried above solution.... didn't work

Griogre
August 22nd, 2009, 19:18
Make sure you don't have any extra spaces on the end or beginning. It all else fail remember you can contact customer support at [email protected]