PDA

View Full Version : "Could not load ruleset root file.." -- need help

antiduke
July 6th, 2009, 21:47
I was running a dnd campaign on FG for about a year and we just took an extended break over the past 6 months or so. I was thinking about getting it started up again so I fired up FG, ran the update and when I went to load my campaign I got the following error message:

"Could not load ruleset root file base.xml
Do you want to try reloading the data?"

If I click yes I get the same message over and over, if I click no the program closes. Note that this happens with all of the campaigns including "A Tale of Dinor" example campaign. I was able to start a new campaign and load it just fine. But I notice that it has the "foundation" ruleset (not sure what that is) while all the others are using "d20."

I'm really hoping this is a simple fix, as I put a considerable amount of hours into inputting info for this campaign and it would be very disheartening to find out that all that is now no good.

Lithl
July 6th, 2009, 22:46
You could maybe try reinstalling the d20 ruleset (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/d20-Ruleset-Setup.exe)?

antiduke
July 6th, 2009, 22:59
*breathes a sigh of relief*

Thanks for the quick (and what should have been obvious) answer. All seems to be working now.. except I did lose my changes to the spell book. I had added a bunch of ranger spells to the list, but I can live without that. Thanks again for the help!