PDA

View Full Version : FGII puzzle newbie !

franckflo
July 6th, 2009, 21:06
HI,

I'm very new to FGII and I have to see this app is great but humbling (it's the first time I'm having so much trouble doing very simple things, I fee quiet dumb).

For exemple, I'm trying to figure how to use a "fog of war" to hide/reveal part of a map to the players... What the secret ?

EugeneZ
July 6th, 2009, 22:32
FG2 was hard for me to use as well until I figured out a simple rule: When you want to try to do something, first try right clicking! If that doesn't work, what you want may still be accomplished by dragging the object somewhere...

In the case of your question, you must first enable the mask layer! Right click on your map, click Layers, then Enable Mask. This automatically fills the entire image with "Fog of War" and puts you in Mask Mode, meaning your "pen" now unmasks areas of the map. If you want to go back to drawing or making pointers, right click the map, click Layers and click "Exit Mask Mode" but be careful not to accidentally delete the mask... I've done it more than once...

zabulus
July 7th, 2009, 10:24
Kind of besides this discussion, I always thought a "fog of war" is not a "not knowing what is where you have not been yet", but rather a "not knowing if where you have already been is still the same".
In de old warcraft games, the first option would be black on the map, whereas the second one would be a greyish blur over area's you already visited but were no longer in line of sight of.

EugeneZ
July 7th, 2009, 17:29
You're right. I agree that franckflo's terminology is not exactly correct...