PDA

View Full Version : XML processing error

GrandAdmiralThrawn
July 5th, 2009, 07:21
occurred processing file bmpfonts.xml

Error on line 0: Document empty

Windows Vista (I know, I know). Instilled by/run as Admin.

Full Copy of FGII, I uninstilled it once, and re-downloaded it. Once it downloaded all the updates, I got this message.

Oberoten
July 5th, 2009, 09:19
Fg is fully MS-compliant. Which means do not install as a Admin or it gives problems with the virtualization.

Uninstall and reinstall with normal privileges and it'll solve the problem.

- Obe

GrandAdmiralThrawn
July 5th, 2009, 09:50
Trying that now, thanks. I'll post if it works

GrandAdmiralThrawn
July 5th, 2009, 14:40
Ok, tried want you said, I am getting the same error message. Thoughts?

Lithl
July 5th, 2009, 22:20
Fg is fully MS-compliant. Which means do not install as a Admin or it gives problems with the virtualization.
Really...?

I installed mine as an admin, and haven't had any issues at all. Perhaps because I have UAC disabled, or because the only user on the computer is the admin?

Griogre
July 6th, 2009, 06:57
It's ok if you install FG in Vista with an admin account, but if you force the installer to have admin priviliages (which it doesn't need) it can't install stuff to the data apps folder because that is a virtual folder. When forcing the installer in admin mode that folder doesn't exsist. Then when you try to run FG it looks for stuff in data applications and can't find it and fails.

It sounds like the OP may have done this. You must force the installer into admin mode for this to happen, though - the installer won't do it on its own. The updater can be a different story, though.

Now if for some reason the OP was installing FG1 he should install it in XP compatibility mode because it wasn't vista compliant, but he said he had FG2.

GrandAdmiralThrawn
July 6th, 2009, 12:24
I have FG11. I have UAC disabled (vista). The only account on the computer is admin, but I did not force an admin style instill.

As soon as I dled FGII it updates. Once the updates are done it will not run. This first happened after a routine update (it had worked fine previously); I have since un-installed and re-instilled twice with no success.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (64 Bit)

Toshiba Satellite L355D
AMD Turion X2 Duel Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 GHz
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics driver version: 8.479.0.0

Oberoten
July 6th, 2009, 13:11
*looks at nick*

... and this makes you a tad Blue?

- Obe

Griogre
July 7th, 2009, 00:05
I have FG11.
I'm guessing this means 2 not 1.

You may need to e-mail customer support at [email protected] with your problems.

From what I can tell you have two possible problems: one involving Vista 64, the other involving the updater. Someone mention they had a problem with the updater they solved by going into program files and the Fantasy Grounds II folder. You should see an exe called FastasyGroundsUpdater. Try right clicking on this executable and select Run as administrator. After it runs see if it helps any.

Roncorps
August 2nd, 2012, 06:29
Ok, I'm sorry to dig this thread up, but I'm having the same problem and both of the thread (this one is the first) don't show me any way to get it working.

Here my problem and it have happened on 2 occasions :

I'm creating a extension and I want to modify a .lua script. So, I put the .lua into a folder, add in the extension.xml the <includefile source=> and load my game. That when I get the error 0 : document empty.

It happened when I tried to override another .lua script too. When doing it with .xml no problem, but with .lua, everytime I have the error.

Hint anyone ?

Thanks !

Griogre
August 2nd, 2012, 09:00
You might want to post your extension problems in the Workshop next time.

<includefile source="something.xml" /> are for usually for XML files and while its quite possible you need to call/include both the XML file and the script you changed for the XML, if you want to just call a standalone script you should use the script element in your base, ie <script name="scriptsName" file="scripts/pathToScriptsName.lua" />

If you are using the script element, check your path - it sounds like it can't find the document. The path is relative to the extension path.

Roncorps
August 2nd, 2012, 09:09
Sorry, I thought of using the same thread to not create another one with the same problem (less or more).

What I was trying to do is change part of a script to match something in my extension and load it via the .ext. Has I read you, I'm gonna need to load the whole batch of files to get the .xml using the .lua. Not too hard/time consuming.

Thanks !

Griogre
August 2nd, 2012, 09:19
Its hard to tell because we don't know what you are doing. If the script is standalone and the 4E ruleset has a fair amount of lua manager code now, you don't need to call the XML. Try posting the code of your extention.xml file if its not too long so people can see what you are trying to call. The message board has a code block, ie

{CODE} starts the code block and {/CODE} ends it - you need to replace {} with []

Roncorps
August 2nd, 2012, 09:25
I'm doing it with the 3.5E ruleset.

<root version="2.9" logo="logo.png">
<properties>
<name>L5R Theme</name>
<version>1.0</version>
<author>Roncorps</author>
<description>Ruleset Skin Customisation by Roncorps for 3.5E/PFSRD v2.9</description>
<ruleset>
<name>3.5E</name>
<minrelease>8</minrelease>
</ruleset>
</properties>
<base>
<includefile source="graphics/graphics.xml" />
<includefile source="campaign/template_campaign.xml" />
<includefile source="campaign/campaign_images.xml" />
<includefile source="campaign/campaign_story.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_main.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_combat.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_skills.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_abilities.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_inventory.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_weapons.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_actions.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_notes.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheetmini_main.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheetmini_abilities.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheetmini_inventory.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheetmini_actions.xml" />
<includefile source="charsheet/charsheet_toplevel.xml" />
<includefile source="desktop/desktop_classes.xml" />
<includefile source="ct/ct_client.xml" />
<includefile source="calendar/calendar.xml" />
<includefile source="calendar/scripts/manager_calendar.lua" />
</base>
</root>

Dakadin
August 2nd, 2012, 15:23
Can you post the line you are using to add the script? That might helps us track it down.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize it wrapped to the next page.

Instead of using the includefile tag for your script you will want to use the script tag. Here is an example if you are making a global script.

<script name="CalendarManager" file="calendar/scripts/manager_calendar.lua" />

You can then refer to this script using:

CalendarManager.<Function Name>;

Where you substitute the name of a function in the script in place of <Function Name>.