PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.4.4)

Goblin-King
June 28th, 2009, 06:36
Version 2.4.4

Fixed an issue causing new characters in local mode to be uneditable.
Related to the above, fixed an issue causing problems with the Lite version local character loading.

Sid1120
June 28th, 2009, 16:13
My FG2 now crashed everytime I press one of the main launcher's button (Load campaign, New campaign, etc.).

Any way for me to give you additionnal info on my problem?

Spyke
June 28th, 2009, 17:10
It's working fine on my FG2, Sid1120 (XP service pack 3, GURPS or 3.5e). Could you let us know your machine details (Vista, 64 bit, ruleset, etc?). That would help the Devs.

Spyke

Sid1120
June 29th, 2009, 05:28
Should be XP 32bit pack2

Griogre
June 29th, 2009, 07:58
I had clients with 2.4.1 and 2.4.3 versions connect with a server running 2.4.4 today. You probably don't want different versioned clients to connect to the host server.

Blue Haven
June 29th, 2009, 10:19
WOW!! but you can have diferent versions connected to you?? i mean players with diferent versions? because before it wont let them connect...

Goblin-King
June 29th, 2009, 11:18
WOW!! but you can have diferent versions connected to you?? i mean players with diferent versions? because before it wont let them connect...
The first number in the version number is the major version, that won't change much.

The second is the minor, or compatibility version. If it is different, clients can't connect to the host, and it is usually updated when either the network protocols change or a major update occurs.

The last number is what we call the build number (although it doesn't exactly reflect that always), and typically fixes bugs that don't affect the interoperation of connected instances. If it is different, you can make connections, although non-updated versions naturally suffer from the issues fixed in the latest release.

Function
June 29th, 2009, 22:48
We all patched last night. We are using the newest 4e rule set from FUM. All running XP 32 bit as far as I know. We have a few issues but it didn't seem to crash more than usual.

1. Still can't mouse wheel on an external second monitor.
2. Some clients get alot of combat tracker scripting errors. (seems to be when new mobs are added to the tracker)
3. Have to close (with axe) and reopen combat tracker to see mobs that have become "visible".

These are the main errors we have noticed but I will try to flesh them out after our next session with error messages and such.

/function

joshuha
June 29th, 2009, 23:33
2 & 3 will have to be brought up with the ruleset maker on the FUM forums.

I read about 1 earlier and I think it has to do with directX and support for multi-monitors in FG. I think I head if you left it in windowed mode and stretched it across it might work? Or that someone had a thread where he had to install some alternate mouse drivers.

Tenian
June 30th, 2009, 01:22
I haven't been able to reproduce either 2 or 3

Zeus
June 30th, 2009, 08:26
Saturday Night 4E_JPG_CUSTOM ruleset /FGII 2.4.4/Vista 64bit/ KotS adventure. We played our first game in 6 months with zero errors/crashes.

- No client crashes when new maps + tokens shared
- Client attack/damage/effect drops on map with no issues
- No repeating <shortcut> recordname entries in modulesdb XML files

We played for 4.5 hours straight. Great fun.

Many thanks.

Tenian
July 9th, 2009, 19:16
Just ran my first full session with 2.4.4:

Module Tokens do save map positions correctly between sessions.

Module tokens do still cause clients to randomly crash when first made visible to the players (either by unmasking them or by toggling them to visible on the CT).

Spassvogel42
July 11th, 2009, 20:53
New Update killed my Fantasy Grounds in Windows 7. I get a popup that says "Fantasy Grounds II is not a valid WIN32 application.

EugeneZ
July 11th, 2009, 21:08
New Update killed my Fantasy Grounds in Windows 7. I get a popup that says "Fantasy Grounds II is not a valid WIN32 application.
I have been using FG2 on Win7 for some time now and haven't had any problems.

Zoso
July 11th, 2009, 22:07
Are you using 32 or 64 bit? I have been running the 64 bit build 7100 without any issues.

EugeneZ
July 12th, 2009, 00:57
32-bit here.