PDA

View Full Version : Fallout: New York setting, Pacific Time Zone timing

RudyHuxtable
June 26th, 2009, 17:37
Hey guys,

I'm going to be running a game here in Los Angeles via FG, and would like to know if there are perhaps one or two more players interested in a Fallout campaign set in New York City?

We're Pacific time zone, obviously, so if we were to play on a weeknight it'd be 7pm PST starting, but weekends would be more flexible and less problematic.

Mainly just gauging interest at the moment. Feel free to comment!

Belizan
June 26th, 2009, 19:28
Could be interesting/interested 8). I am on the East Coast, myself, though, so only would be able to make a weekend game I suspect. I have a friend who might be interested as well, but he is also East Coast. Is there an actual Fallout RPG now, or are you using a homebrew system, etc.?

RudyHuxtable
June 26th, 2009, 19:52
There's no official Fallout release, no. I've been working with d20 modern and d20 apocalypse to make an adaptation, and so far so good. S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats and perks aren't present as they would be in the video game series, but the setting, mood and tone of the series is present. I've also been tweaking the d20 to make it a little more deadly and make the PCs lives more perilous.

Marlamin1
June 26th, 2009, 22:14
I'm up for it! Been waiting for some one to make a fall out game. Though I could have sworn I saw an official Fallout 3 RuleBook out there somewhere...

RudyHuxtable
June 26th, 2009, 23:53
From what I remember, they were going to make an official one, by a company called glutton creeper games, but they lost the license when Interplay balked or were screwed by ZeniMax. So they just ended up making a generic post apocalyptic world instead.

So I'm setting it in New York, with the general idea that not only are there traditional borders in the city, meaning north south east and west, but now the borders go up and down. Sometimes entirely different communities claim different floors of buildings, making the fight for territory a 3D affair. There'll be more to it than that, but that's the basic framework.

Marlamin1
June 27th, 2009, 02:55
alright, sounds good. I'm in eastern USA timezone.

nezzir
June 30th, 2009, 07:35
FYI - there's a fallout conversion for Savage Worlds here:
https://www.savageheroes.com/conversions.htm

Worst case it's a good reference document for your game.

Spyke
June 30th, 2009, 08:32
And for those interested, there's a GURPS conversion here (https://www.scribd.com/doc/14646941/GURPS-Fallout-Conversion-30).

The original Fallout game was developed to use GURPS as its engine (https://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=35764), but the final contract details couldn't be agreed.

Spyke

Sterlinganon
July 1st, 2009, 21:56
Hey I'd be interested. I worked with a few of the developers of the original fallout, they say Steve Jackson was a nightmare to work with on it, and were glad when they dumped using the GURPS ruleset, though I'd be happy to use that for it, I'm a gurps fan myself.

RudyHuxtable
July 2nd, 2009, 01:06
ooooh GURPS. I like!

Let me make sure the scheduling works out on my end and I'll update as soon as I know more.

Marlamin1
July 2nd, 2009, 08:39
let me know a game date and time...

RudyHuxtable
July 2nd, 2009, 17:39
If people will stay up late on weekends, then we'd likely start at 9PM EST or so. I could conceivably start earlier, but being PST and having other responsibilities it'd be tough.

Sterlinganon
July 3rd, 2009, 00:07
That's fine with me