PDA

View Full Version : Map sizing in relation to token size

Talen
June 26th, 2009, 07:32
Im using 50x50 tokens.

I have a map 10 squares x 10 squares with an image size of 500 pixels by 500 pixels. Assuming the squares align properly, this *should* mean that each square should be roughly 50x50 pixels, right? However, when I place my tokens on the map, they only fill up about 50% of the square (the maps still look big). What am I missing?

I tried changing the resolution to 50 pxels per inch, but that did what I thought it would do - reduce the map quality, but did nothing for the relative size of the tokens.

Griogre
June 26th, 2009, 08:42
Make sure the map is not zoomed in. Look up at the top right of the map and see if there is a magnifying glass.

I saw in another post you where switching images in a module. If you do this and changed the size of the map the frame still “remembers” the size of the old image. You may need to manually resize the map frame.

Talen
June 26th, 2009, 13:19
There is a magnifying glass. In terms of manually resizing the map frame - I've dragged the borders and used the pan tool in the lower tight corner and mouse-wheeled the image. I'm assuming your referring to another way to manually resizing the frame?

Make sure the map is not zoomed in. Look up at the top right of the map and see if there is a magnifying glass.

I saw in another post you where switching images in a module. If you do this and changed the size of the map the frame still “remembers” the size of the old image. You may need to manually resize the map frame.

Griogre
June 26th, 2009, 18:45
I'd just use the mouse wheel at first like you did. You can drag the frame by moving the mouse to the lower right corner of the image frame holding down Ctrl and dragging. You might not be able to get it exactly right though you should be able to get close.

If this really bugs you, then you can unzip the module again and got to FG's application data folder and open the campaign folder. Make a new folder with the name you want for the campaign then make an image folder inside. Move all the images to the image folder and everything else to the campaign folder. Rename the map image that is giving you a problem to something different.

Then just start FG, load the campaign you just created, check the image and if everything looks ok, then export the module with the same file name to overwrite the old module.