PDA

View Full Version : Modifying mpas within a module

Talen
June 26th, 2009, 04:39
I have an adventure module someone else created. I'd like to modify one of the maps within th the module. Where can I find the image for the map...do I need to export and import?

Modifying within the campaign is simple...maps in a mod is another matter....

Talen
June 26th, 2009, 05:07
I think I remember now....if I change the .mod to a .zip extension, and unpack the file, Ill see the images directory. at that point, I can access the map images, replace...change the .zip back to .mod and done.

Correct? Im gonna play with it and hope I dont blow it up :)

Foen
June 26th, 2009, 05:43
Im gonna play with it and hope I dont blow it up :)

Just make sure you take a back-up first :D

Talen
June 26th, 2009, 06:12
Made the back up but running into a problems it seems others had...when I rezip and change back to a mod file, the newly packed file is not recognized by fg.

I've used both winrar and winzip and dont appear to be changing the directory structure....cant seem to find the problem.

EDIT:Seems I was making 2 mistakes...somewhere 3 extra files were being added...I believe it was idexing when zipping, so I turned that off. And, despite what I said earlier, I was adding a new directory when I zipped. Essentially, I named the mod file "Adeventure 1" and then created a directory in the mod file called "Adventure 1" - a definite no-no apparently.