PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Open Playtest

Foen
June 25th, 2009, 19:27
Digital Adventures and Iron Crown Enterprises (ICE) will shortly release the Rolemaster Classic ruleset for Fantasy Grounds, and we are looking for a small bunch of intrepid adventurers to carry out play testing of the final version. Earnest play testers will receive a complimentary copy of the full product.

There are four places on this final play test, and we are looking for folks who can commit 10-12 hours over the next month in 2-3 sessions, playing mostly in evenings or weekend mornings (european time).

Please PM me if you are keen to take part, and remember there are only four places available!

Stuart

Stuart
June 25th, 2009, 23:05
To add to Foen's request; the ruleset is by far the most ambitious product that DA have attempted and the automation in the ruleset genuinely makes "rulemaster" campaigns as fast paced as traditional D&D games.

Enjoy - and well done Foen for leading the immense technical side to this ... we're not worthy!:)

joshuha
June 26th, 2009, 00:46
I would love to help test. However, being at GMT-5 makes it difficult for me except for on weekends.

Culdraug
June 26th, 2009, 21:48
I also would love to play. Depending on actual time.

Mask_of_winter
July 1st, 2009, 12:01
I could help this coming Thursday or Friday. Otherwise, being in GMT -5 and working day shift I probably wouldnt be available for playtest unless it's on the weekends. Otherwise, I have Friday's off so that day would work for me. Contact me if you believe I can be of any help. I've run Rolemaster Classic over 15 years ago but I'm sure I could pick it up quickly. I'm curious to know how you managed to include all the critical hit tables and spell list tables in the ruleset.

Foen
July 1st, 2009, 22:34
Thanks Guys

The current play testing round is full. If there is scope for further play-testing, I'll give you a shout.

Cheers

Stuart

ionofrao
July 2nd, 2009, 08:08
Good luck with the play test, I am really looking forward to this, we will finally be able to resurrect our old MERP campaign with some friends that have moved out of town.

I know RM is not MERP, but we have all used it and the only real advantage MERP had in terms of combat system was that it was a striped down easier to run version of RM, as you guys have automated all the hard parts of running RM, it might even be better.

Thanks a ton for doing this...

tenkar
July 13th, 2009, 03:18
any updates? i'd love to run a game of RM again one day ;)

Foen
July 13th, 2009, 05:07
Let's just say we're aiming for a GenCon release.

Stuart

Sigurd
July 17th, 2009, 22:43
Good luck. I'm looking forward to this.

Sigurd

tenkar
July 20th, 2009, 02:16
excellent news! i'll be awaiting