PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Casual Group

haplo777
June 23rd, 2009, 05:58
I am looking to get a better handle on the software as either the DM or player. Something once or week and something that is not with a whole lot of pressure.

Marlamin1
June 26th, 2009, 04:52
well if you were hoping to DM a 3.5 DND game then a friend and I would be interested in playing. He's never used the software himself so It'd be a good start for him.

Alchais
June 26th, 2009, 16:23
I may also be interested in a 3.5e game, depending on day and time. I already DM 2 campaigns... I would love to play for once!

Sid1120
June 26th, 2009, 21:07
I'd host a game if you guys are up to it. I don't have much time, so don't expect any complex story development, but I still can throw a few interesting characters and narration points into it. Thematic would work around early steampunk ages and dungeons will most likely be real versions of municipal utilities (I work for an Engineering firm, so I like my sewers to be actually representative and the likes...)

Msg me or if you hve MSN, I'm more accessible at

Marlamin1
June 26th, 2009, 22:06
what ever works, I lack an MSN at the moment but as long as there is a game to be held I'll be there...

davenporttenn
June 27th, 2009, 17:56
I'm interested in a 4e game. Let me know what you guys end up putting together. I am in the EST.

Sid1120
June 27th, 2009, 18:39
Well I'm about to open a 3.5e game. I'm just finishing the main prelude prior to making a new post.

Games would be weekly, on week-ends at -5 (EST) and I'd expect 5hour gaming sessions.

Details:
- 3.5e with standard core books, any pre-approved material and a few homebrew occasions throw-in.

- Thrown into a sewage-filled slum, wealth can sometimes sum up to be three meals a day. As such, anything and everything will need to be fought for as. This also means escaping is victory on it's own at times.

- Characters will start at 1st level and will be chosen from a set of premade, story-driven characters. Sorry, but I find that's the easiest way for me to keep a good story going without having to fulfill and guess your own character's expectations. Each character has a limited choices of abilities/perks, main goals which can't be derogated from (unless you have a good reason when the time comes), a few sub-plots to choose from and some special "between sessions" abilities.

- A minimum level of role-play will be expected. I don't plan on forcing any homework on you, but please do pick-up characters that go with your level of interest in a homebrew campaign. If you just plan on running around, waving your axe around, please do pick up a character which does not have to know the local culture rp-wise (a thug, a fool, etc) and not a politician, priest or any other character proposed which have culture for a prerequisite. The campaign will be somewhat story-driven after all, but you can limit your interest to what your character has to know, background wise, if you wish it.

- Thematic-wise, the campaign takes place in the slums of a huge city where tensions between the municipal authorities, the local criminal organizations and the misery-stricken mass have brought the precinct to a crisis. Expect early steampunk environments, low magic settings, political warfares and plenty of "neglected city infrastructure dungeons" (I work for an Engineering Firm so I'll transform my knowledge into a civil engineer's nightmare).

- Morality will be left to the individual to decide. I intend to create an occasion to prove yourself good or evil within most event and quests, as long as you stay within the limits of your character's main goals. Factions and "campaigns" are all hidden from sight at first as your characters don't have the required culture to notice the events spinning around them, so investing attention into details will earn you new partners, enemies, business opportunities and perks.

Marlamin1
June 28th, 2009, 00:35
first to send my friend and I a game alias gets us...

trevorgall
July 3rd, 2009, 14:50
Im running a 3.5 edition game Mon nights 8:30pm - mid (sydney time gmt+10)
. Looking for another player or 2 if interested message me.