PDA

View Full Version : Issues I encounted after updated to 2.4

Ikael
June 22nd, 2009, 19:21
Ok, I managed to encounter numbers of issues after upding FG to 2.4
These problems don't occure always and that's what troubles me the most. I will not be the most specific here to describe the problem as I have read that some of these has occured when beta-testing the 2.4 and maybe there is simple solution to some of them... If not I try to recreate the problems and find in what situation they always occure.

-------------
1. When trying to start new campaign using my own ruleset, I encounter following error:

scripts/LauncherProperties.lua 172 bad argument #4 to 'startHost' (table expected)

not a big deal as the campaign is created and it can be loaded afterward, but it's just annoying error.

-------------
2. When creating new campaign using foundation + 3.5 extension and not setting username (as my default username is there already) I encountered following problem:

Script Error: [string "scripts/LauncherProperties.lua"]:171: bad argument #1 to 'setDefaultUsername' (string expected, got nil)

and the campaign won't start... not even after loading it again

-------------
3. When hosting foundation ruleset campaign with 3.5 extension or my own ruleset and I connect to localhost as a player I get following error when I select a character from character selected window (or when releasing current character):

Script Error: [string "scripts/characterlist.lua"]:37: attempt to index field 'control' (a nil value)

-------------
4. When I choose to close the session as a player and 'return to the launcher' the FG crashes...

-------------
5. This one bugs me the most: When hosting my own ruleset and connection to localhost as a player I ALWAYS get the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/identityselection_list.lua"]:35: attempt to index local 'labelnode' (a nil value)

and as a player, I can't select my character (I don't even see it). I can only 'create new character'

Ikael
June 22nd, 2009, 19:30
Just encountered another one, this is only super-annoying but strange.

6. When I started my old campaign that uses my own ruleset (Unisystem ruleset) and closed it by returning to the launcher and started a foundation ruleset my old Unisystem campaign's <ruleset> tag's value in campaign.xml was changed to foundation! Now the campaign uses foundation ruleset but has the data of Unisystem ruleset... luckily it can be fixed by changing the <ruleset> tag's value back to origininal one. But why this kind of problem can occure?

Dupre
June 23rd, 2009, 13:09
Please create a new thread for 2.4.1 if the problems persist.