PDA

View Full Version : Create Campaign Error - 2.4.0 Final

templarghost
June 22nd, 2009, 17:57
I just updated my FG2 installation to version 2.4.0, and the new launcher looks great! Also, the new features, like the connection/port forwarding test and the ability to view campaign characters are great!

But my problem is the campaign creation process...it seems that there is still a bug in it (as was reported in the beta - Tenian wrote a post about it, but gave no specific details...and since I never beta-tested, I'm not aware of what the error was). The error I'm geting is:

Script Error:[string "scripts/LauncherProperties.lua"]:172:bad argument #4 to 'startHost' (table expected)

More so, when I try to create a new Foundation campaign without the extension, it throws off the same error, but as soon as I select the extension, the error is gone and I can create a new campaign...but I lose the ability to return to the launcher...the only option I get is to close the program!

So now you understand the peculiar situation I'm in, with a Full license that can't really be used; maybe there's a workaround that doesn't involve me uninstalling and then reinstalling the application.

Cheers,
Daniel!

Tenian
June 22nd, 2009, 18:26
RC4 had that error. It used to work that after you got the error you could go back to the main screen and say "Load Campaign". The one you created with an error was visible and worked.

Karazax
June 22nd, 2009, 19:13
I'm getting the same error when trying to create a new campaign. It does create the campaign when you go to load campaign as Tenian suggested though hopefully they can fix it so that is not necessary.

templarghost
June 22nd, 2009, 20:52
Thanks guys, Tenian's workaround does work, hopefully this will get fixed soon...it seems like a very annoying bug, it affects all the rulesets and really gets on someone's nerves...not a nice feeling to see an error message:cry:

I also stumbled upon the following error:
Could not load ruleset root file base.xml! Do you want to try and reload the data?

It happens whenever I try to view the characters for a campaign I have stored; I can see the characters for each ruleset, but not the campaign characters...pretty weird...but I suppose this may have something to do with the way I managed the characters...but if there's a posibility for these two errors to be related somehow, I'll just report this issue also!

If the developers need further information on my program settings, I'll be happy to provide that for them.

Cheers,
Daniel

Dupre
June 23rd, 2009, 13:09
Please create a new thread for 2.4.1 if the problems persist.