PDA

View Full Version : Localhost Logins Just Don't Work Anymore

PneumaPilot
June 20th, 2009, 22:57
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me why logging a second instance of the program into localhost may have just stopped working back around the time of the last update?

The thing goes through the whole process of getting the ruleset as if I'm connected to another computer, but dies at the last second saying something about not being able to load base.xml. Well, I assure you, base.xml is there and it works fine.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2009, 01:21
I use localhost for ruleset testing all the time. It works for me in both FG v2.3.6 and v2.4 RC4.

Perhaps its Windows security doing some sort of local firewall? Just guessing...

JPG

Lithl
June 21st, 2009, 01:22
I just ran the updater and tried connecting on localhost, and it worked fine, so I don't know what the problem you're having is.

Zeus
June 21st, 2009, 01:25
I just ran the updater and tried connecting on localhost, and it worked fine, so I don't know what the problem you're having is.

I have noticed that localhost connections no longer retain cached versions of the ruleset and forces a load of the ruleset files everytime but it definatley works.

I ran a session last night and had a localhost connection running in tandem just fine.

PneumaPilot
June 21st, 2009, 05:49
Hmm. I wonder if it has anything to do with me switching over to try the new beta and then switching back again?

I just don't know why it's hanging on base.xml. None of my players have difficulty connecting and downloading the ruleset.