PDA

View Full Version : [LFG] GURPS 4th.

malachi666
June 19th, 2009, 20:23
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone out there was running a GURPS 4th campaign that I could either look in on or join in as a player?

Spyke
June 19th, 2009, 20:32
I run one-shots occasionally, and could set something up (UK timezone). Mr_H is running a WWII campaign, but I'm not sure if he's got open slots. If you go to Four Ugly Monsters you'll find a few active GURPS 4e campaigns on the event calendar, but maybe not in Fantasy Grounds.

Spyke

malachi666
June 19th, 2009, 20:53
Thank you! Definitely let me know if you run a one shot in the near future.

mr_h
June 19th, 2009, 21:36
As Spyke says, I do run a Gurps WWII campaign using the 4E Rules. Well, we're learning the rules as we play (Spyke introduced me to them at FUGCon and I introduced it to my players. We add a little bit each time...and make it up when it takes too long to look up the real rules).

Normally we meet every other thursday, but it looks like we'll be skipping this one due to me being out of town. When we get together again, I'll try and let you know so you can sit in and watch how badly we butcher the rules. Our style is a lot more relaxed then some campaigns...being that I have 90% of the idea in my head and don't always have it written down in time ;)

If you look here (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10305) you can see some screenshots from the campaign.

If you want to learn how to play the game correctly, keep an eye on Spyke. He knows the rules a LOT better then I do :)

malachi666
June 19th, 2009, 23:09
Thanks mr_h I looked over your WWII thread and thought it was neat. So is the game along the lines of Saving Private Ryan or Hogan's Heros?

Also I am just about done readin the GURPS lite so will have the basics down in no time. I will then tackle the Characters book to get a better grasp. If you could please post in this thread when you are going to have another session that would be great.

Alchais
June 20th, 2009, 14:26
I am currently running a GURPS 4e campaign that could use another player or two. It is Fantasy with some Steam-tech elements heavily influenced by some of the Final Fantasy series. The players are the crew of an airship.

If you are interested in checking it out, send me a PM and I can send you more info.

mr_h
June 20th, 2009, 17:28
Thanks mr_h I looked over your WWII thread and thought it was neat. So is the game along the lines of Saving Private Ryan or Hogan's Heros?

Um,...yes:) The idea is 'serious' enough, but my players don't always take themselves seriously, which is fine by me. All in the name of fun after all.

We're going to change things up in a lil bit and do some alternate history when we get a lil further along.

malachi666
June 20th, 2009, 18:55
Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't sure because of the Order of the Stick Figs. LOL

mr_h
June 21st, 2009, 04:50
Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't sure because of the Order of the Stick Figs. LOL

Oh those? That's cause those are the only tokens I can make that I actually like ;)