PDA

View Full Version : DM Notes

Gryfen
June 15th, 2009, 16:49
I'm using the 3.5 ruleset ( fg2_d20_jpg_v1_3_1 ).

Last night I decided I want to have that "Notes" button on my DM screen for keeping better track of certain notes in my campaign. So I went into the ruleset, located the desktop_classes file... found the Notes section in the players shortcuts.... copied it to the GMshortcuts section... And Tada... there was the button.

After reconfiguring it so it was placed right... I clicked on it. It opens... but when I click on the new button .. nothing happens... anyone know where I need to go to get this feature to work?

I have searched the boards and found a couple other posts about it... but no true resolution... One just says .. Its not in the D20 or foundation rulesets and offers a couple workarounds.

If its available to the players, the code is there... just needs to be set up for GM .. right? Or is it just not possible?

Spyke
June 15th, 2009, 18:46
Why not just set up a Notes page in your campaign Story pages and assign it to a hotkey?

You could run links off that to other Notes pages.

Spyke

Gryfen
June 15th, 2009, 19:32
Yeah... Thats what I do ... I just thought it would be nice to have all my notes in one place. easier to access. Besides if it wasnt usefull... why is it in other rulesets? :p

Spyke
June 15th, 2009, 19:58
Fair enough. :)

Spyke

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2009, 23:50
The d20_JPG ruleset has evolved quite a bit from the version you are using. The current version of the ruleset is v3.0.4. The feature you are asking for was added in v2.

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/62-DD+3rd+Edition+FG+Development

Cheers,
JPG

Gryfen
June 16th, 2009, 01:37
Doh. Really.... OK Then heres a noob question for you... will it effect my game if I switch rulesets mid campaign? Can you do that? Well.. being the (not so) patient person I am.. I'm going to go download the new ruleset.. and try (Not) to screw up my game... its only monday... we dont play till Tues.. I have a full 24 hrs to fix it... Piece o' cake right?

Thanks,

Gryfen

Leonal
June 16th, 2009, 02:26
It shouldn't affect when updating the same ruleset, but make a backup in case something goes wrong.

Gryfen
June 16th, 2009, 04:10
Shoot... That was so easy even I could do it... and it even works. Has a whole (Censored) load of new stuff. Thanks.