PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Wargamming

middlemonster
June 15th, 2009, 02:24
Do the developers have any wish of expanding to the miniature wargaming genre such as Warhammer or Warmachine?

Oberoten
June 15th, 2009, 08:36
It is doable I think within the confines of the engine if we'd just get a new way to calculate distances. (How about dragging a LINE instead of a square SW? It'd let us set "This is a distance of so and so many meters...." and then use that as a reference. It'd make it QUITE possible to play Warhammer.

- Obe

joshuha
June 15th, 2009, 11:15
I think they probably have plans that adding to the drawing tools and what not that would be able to support wargames a bit better. Honestly though there are other software options out there like VASSAL and Battlegrounds that handle wargames a bit better out of the box than Fantasy Grounds does.

Blue Haven
June 16th, 2009, 13:00
It is doable I think within the confines of the engine if we'd just get a new way to calculate distances. (How about dragging a LINE instead of a square SW? It'd let us set "This is a distance of so and so many meters...." and then use that as a reference. It'd make it QUITE possible to play Warhammer.

- Obe

Hey Obe how´s going the Warhammer ruleset?? any news about that?
;)

Oberoten
June 17th, 2009, 00:53
Not really. I haven't been the most active on programing lately.

- Obe