PDA

View Full Version : Some cool request IMHO :D (long)

Gek0
June 13th, 2009, 09:21
ABOUT TOKENS

1) Token switch option.
There are a lot of tokens that could benefit of an "on/off" state, simply by clicking on it.

A portcullis could be up/down, a pit closed/open, a trap on/off, a lamp lighted/out, and so on.

Switching between this states will depends by token's file name.
Example:
deathtrap01.png is the default off state token.
deathtrap02.png is the on state.

2) Please, stop rotating tokens by player, even if the "lock tokens" option selected! XD

As GM I use rotation for close/open door, setting enemy in/out combat, etc.. and I really don't want to mess up with anarchic rotating tokens!

3) Palette color overlay right on tokens.
Ok, this is a "tough" request :)

Likewise the palette that changes the dice's color, this palette works similarly on tokens, by overlaying colors on them.

So, for example, I can get with a single "breath" token, many different options just by changing its color on the fly:
greenish (for an acid/poison breath), or blue (for a freezing one), or red/orange (for a flaming/sulphureous) and so on.

MASK/UNMASK MAP

1) Pleeease, get mask/unmask simple!
For example, entering in a mask/unmask mode holding CTRL + ALT while dragging the mouse, or something like that, would help a lot!

2) Smart masked sections.
Yeah, I know, this is a tough one too :D

Another masking option could be a "sectoring" option.
So you drag an area, and just the perimeter you drag will show up.

When a PC token moves/enters inside it, that area unmask automatically. Vice versa, when the PC token moves outside, the area returns masked again.

I hope it's clear... if not, let me know :D

ROLLING DICE

1) Just a random number is what I need.
The expression "/die 1d7", even if doesn't "physically" hurl any dice, should be return a random number between 1 and 7 as well (for example to pick a random day of the week).

2) "Complex" string available for advanced users.
Let's to make possible (and "shortcutable") expression like:

"/die 1d20+5; 1d4+3; 3d6"
Hit roll, normal damage and a sneak attack damage.

Supposing that shortcut F2 contains "/die 3d6 Sneak Attack Damage", then the previus expression should be:
"/die 1d20+5; 1d4+3; F2"

So FS2, or FSCA5 are the equivalent of Shift+F2 and Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F5, etc..

3) Touch edge option.
Ok, this isn't a really necessary feature, but if you noticed, it's possible to get lame hurl by not hurling at all (overall with a low face dice as a d6... just pick and release it to take the number you are facing for).

So, as GM I always ask to my player to hurl dices, and at least to touch an edge with it, as "real rolling dice insurance".
Should be cool if the program could check this for me...

Oookeeey, that's enough for now, other ideas are coming soon.
In the meantime hire me as game designer :D

Bidmaron
June 13th, 2009, 11:07
Program recommendations go in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8625).

I have a few questions about your feature requests:

ABOUT TOKENS

1) Token switch option.
There are a lot of tokens that could benefit of an "on/off" state, simply by clicking on it.

This is a cool one.

2) Please, stop rotating tokens by player, even if the "lock tokens" option selected! XD

As GM I use rotation for close/open door, setting enemy in/out combat, etc.. and I really don't want to mess up with anarchic rotating tokens!

Don't understand what you're saying here at all.

3) Palette color overlay right on tokens.
Ok, this is a "tough" request :)

Another awesome idea.

MASK/UNMASK MAP

1) Pleeease, get mask/unmask simple!
For example, entering in a mask/unmask mode holding CTRL + ALT while dragging the mouse, or something like that, would help a lot!

2) Smart masked sections.
Yeah, I know, this is a tough one too :D

Another masking option could be a "sectoring" option.
So you drag an area, and just the perimeter you drag will show up.

When a PC token moves/enters inside it, that area unmask automatically. Vice versa, when the PC token moves outside, the area returns masked again.

Requests for better mask/unmask are pretty common -- a big usability upgrade.

ROLLING DICE

1) Just a random number is what I need.
The expression "/die 1d7", even if doesn't "physically" hurl any dice, should be return a random number between 1 and 7 as well (for example to pick a random day of the week).

You could do this now with a custom slash command handler (see the FG wiki for examples of implementing custom slash commands), but you'd have to call it something different, like "/rand".

2) "Complex" string available for advanced users.
Let's to make possible (and "shortcutable") expression like:

"/die 1d20+5; 1d4+3; 3d6"
Hit roll, normal damage and a sneak attack damage.

Supposing that shortcut F2 contains "/die 3d6 Sneak Attack Damage", then the previus expression should be:
"/die 1d20+5; 1d4+3; F2"

This is the one I personally am least interested in, as automating to hit, damage application, etc, would be really hard if you could do compound rolls.

3) Touch edge option.
Ok, this isn't a really necessary feature, but if you noticed, it's possible to get lame hurl by not hurling at all (overall with a low face dice as a d6... just pick and release it to take the number you are facing for).

So, as GM I always ask to my player to hurl dices, and at least to touch an edge with it, as "real rolling dice insurance".
Should be cool if the program could check this for me...

Totally lost me again on this one....

Gek0
June 13th, 2009, 12:05
Program recommendations go in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8625).

Ops... I'm new here, I miss this thread.

Don't understand what you're saying here at all.

Hahaha, I hope isn't because my english really sucks :D

Actually, you (player) can rotate any token even if I (GM) have locked their position.
Well, that's what I GM don't want to happen.

Requests for better mask/unmask are pretty common -- a big usability upgrade.

Yeah, I hope that my "smart mask sections" are seriously considered.
To anticipate what a PC is able to see and what is not, would save up a lot of work.

Moreover, this feature will allow a subjective point of view.
The piece unmasked when my PC token enter in that area, could be unmasked only for me, and not for the entire party (optionally).

You could do this now with a custom slash command handler (see the FG wiki for examples of implementing custom slash commands), but you'd have to call it something different, like "/rand".

I'm looking here:
https://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_Grounds#Fantasy_Grounds_Glossary

and I can't find nothing about /rand commands or something similar...

Totally lost me again on this one....

When you hurl a dice and it bounce any border, that's make it a regular hurl or vice versa.
Not really necessary... just an option to induce nice and long rolling instead of short and "cheating" ones :D

Bidmaron
June 13th, 2009, 14:06
The FG Wiki extensions page is here (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Category:Extensions). Try the calculator for an example of how to implement a custom slash command handler.

As for your border-bouncing dice, I'd put that at the bottom of the priority list. There are a lot more important changes we need in FG2.

PneumaPilot
June 21st, 2009, 05:54

Oh heck yes! I've pretty much completely stopped using any form of the map function because I can't keep my idiot players from jacking around with it. You need to be able to lock EVERYTHING from player tampering on the map.