PDA

View Full Version : Game Won't Start

davenporttenn
June 12th, 2009, 22:57
I am none too sharp with the computers so I could use some step by step explanations if possible.

I downloaded the DM version of the game onto my computer. When I open the game it goes to the Updater which seems to work it says that it is done. I assume this means that I am connected to the server. After that nothing happens. I was able to run the demo version without trouble. Any thoughts?

davenporttenn
June 12th, 2009, 23:19
Here is more information on my computer.

CPU Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz

CPU Speed You Have: 3.00 GHz Performance Rated at 5.40 GHz

System RAM 3.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build 6000)

Video Card Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family)

Video RAM: Required 256 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: No

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX) 7.14.10.1461

DirectX Version 10.0

EugeneZ
June 12th, 2009, 23:46
It shouldn't go to the updater unless it's the first time you run it. Make sure you are running as an Admin, since you are in Vista. I'm sorry, but I forgot how to do that... if you're still having trouble, let us know. What shortcut are you clicking to run FG, for example?

davenporttenn
June 13th, 2009, 00:07
It shouldn't go to the updater unless it's the first time you run it. Make sure you are running as an Admin, since you are in Vista. I'm sorry, but I forgot how to do that... if you're still having trouble, let us know. What shortcut are you clicking to run FG, for example?

This was the first time I have run the program. The demo ran although I have not tried to have anyone connect to my game yet. Sorry, should have mentioned that. I have a desktop icon that I click on. Running as Admin eh?

davenporttenn
June 13th, 2009, 00:09
I tried running as Admin with the same result. Got the updater - it updated - I clicked done and nothing. Interesting.

davenporttenn
June 13th, 2009, 00:36
Problem solved. Apparently, my key wasn't right. Thanks.