PDA

View Full Version : Portraits

darkknight799
June 11th, 2009, 22:39
I am new to Fantasy grounds but i am loving it!
I was wondering how i could make more portraits to use in the game.
I resized my image to be 150x150 and named it port105. But the program does not notice it.

Anyhelp?

EugeneZ
June 11th, 2009, 23:47
Did you save it to the Application Data Folder's portraits directory? And you are a player, not a DM, right?

Foen
June 11th, 2009, 23:54
The natural size for portraits is 63x63. FG will work with other sizes, but converts them to 63x63 anyway, so you might as well start there :)

Edhelras
June 14th, 2009, 19:13
Could anyone tell me how to find the Application Data folder on my computer? I cannot locate it...
I have two computers, a stationary with Windows Xp and a laptop with Vista, both of them with FGII installed. But I can't find those folders... To make it worse, my computer has Norwegian labelling, and I don't know what the Norwegian term for that folder is...

Mellock
June 14th, 2009, 19:31
It's in
C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\Portraits

You can go there by clicking on the start button, choosing Programs, Fantasy Grounds 2, and there "Application Data Folder". The folder that will open has the Portraits folder in it.

Does this help?

Edhelras
June 14th, 2009, 19:36
Ah, thanks a lot... That was so easy, I feel silly, but ... good to get a helping hand!

BTW do you know any links to downloadable portraits? I saw in the tutorial that Xorne/Jason had a lot of cool portraits in his application.

Mellock
June 14th, 2009, 19:47
There was a token pack that contained the PHB iconic characters, but it got removed due to copyright concerns. I don't know of any other packs. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Zeus
June 15th, 2009, 07:55
There was a token pack that contained the PHB iconic characters, but it got removed due to copyright concerns. I don't know of any other packs. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

The RPGA Yahoo LFR group has a few packs to download https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RPGA_Group/. You might also want to try FUM https:///www.fouruglymonsters.com in the Downloads section.

Alchais
July 2nd, 2009, 23:10
Question for the masters: I as the DM have loaded tons of new portraits into the portraits folder in Application Data, but none of my players can see them when they connect. What am I doing wrong?

TFWoods3
July 3rd, 2009, 00:17
Question for the masters: I as the DM have loaded tons of new portraits into the portraits folder in Application Data, but none of my players can see them when they connect. What am I doing wrong?

What format are they? What size are they?

Tenian
July 3rd, 2009, 00:35
Portraits come from the Player machines not the GM machine.

Griogre
July 3rd, 2009, 03:31
Portaits in the portraits folder are only accessable to the computer they are on. Players need to put their own portraits in the folder on their machine. Portraits are about the only image data that comes from a client - its transfered over to the server and broadcast to the other clients.

The GM can put a portrait on a PC if he wishes. To do so free the PC then start a second instance of FG as a client log into the PC and choose a portrait then close out the client instance and re-free the character.

Foen
July 3rd, 2009, 06:04
Portraits are only visible locally, your players need to have them on their machine to be able to access them.

Foen

Alchais
July 3rd, 2009, 14:41
Thank you all for your replies! Zipped up the images and sent them all to my players. Now they have lots to choose from.