PDA

View Full Version : Brand noob needs a bit o help

1eyedBandit
June 10th, 2009, 04:46
I went out and bought the 4e phb and fg2 and became completely hooked. I thought it would be great to set up some adventures and maybe set up a campaign so I went out and got the 4e dm guide, monster manual, and adventurers vault, I plan to get more but the wifey will only let me spend so much on gaming at a time. Plus, I got a subscription to dungeons and dragons insider and picked up campaign cartographer 3. So I am going all out on this, getting the feel for all the rules, books, and software. I am sort of getting the basic gist of everything until I read about using modules within fg2 using a parser. Do I need to use pdf's of the books to convert them into modules? DDi compendium would seem to be a good option but I am sort of lost on how to create a module using the information. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it greatly. I still have a lot to learn other than this but it bugs me to leave something like that open and it would be nice to start entering the modules considering I plan on doing multiple adventures and/or campaigns in the future.

1eyedBandit
June 11th, 2009, 04:02
So I went ahead and scanned a few pages of some stuff to mess around with as well as the page out of the monster manual for the tutorial on wiki, scanning documents into a pdf takes forever on the computer at work btw, didn't think it made files that big. I thought I had typed in everything like the tutorial showed, checked and rechecked but get this error:

6/10/2009 10:56:50 PM : ERROR:System.Xml.XmlException: 'static' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line 5, position 19.

<reference4e MMI static="true"> in the db.xml document it is referring to.

It came up with these two warnings before that in the parser log:

:56:49 PM : WARNING: Links to Story elements will not function. Story has not yet been parsed

6/10/2009 10:56:49 PM : Missing NPC token for Fire Archon Blazesteel expected token: fire archon blazesteel.png

Any help about what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Griogre
June 11th, 2009, 04:59
You would do better posting your questions over a the 4E group at FUM where there are more people to help with the parser. https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/49-DD+4th+Edition+FG+Development

I think the problem with line 5 is you can't have spaces in attributes. IE you can't have 4e MMI you need to change that to 4eMMI - all one word with no spaces.

For the warnings it looks like you didn't do a "fluff" file and you don't have tokens for the monsters.

1eyedBandit
June 11th, 2009, 05:00
Thanks for the response, I'll try my questions there starting now. That worked in solving that error. I can always add the token in FG2 I think. Still learning.