PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Martial Arts d20 Tournament

zayus1979
June 5th, 2009, 06:07
A buddy and I had a thought.. And I'm just trying to guage interest...

Test your charecter building skills by utilizing a point buy system and a specific series of books to build the best hand-to-hand martial artist you can, then we'll face off in a brackets style tournament to crown a single MMA d20 Champion.. The winner gets bragging rights.

We'd roll up lvl 15 charecters using the d20 modern sourcebook and supplements such as Blood and Fists (an excellant guide to playing a martial artist.) Utilizing the set of books and the paramaters set forth by the Referee (GM) the playing field should be even, then it's just mono a mono, in a battle of creativity and strategy.. One on one fights in a random bracket double elmination system to be devised by the referee...

We don't have all the rules ironed out, but I thought it best to guage interest, we'd need at least twelve charecters to make it work, but no reason you can't have two contenders if you want to.

ishmaelwolf
June 5th, 2009, 07:11
This sounds like a fantastic idea. The Gamemaster must be a genious.

VenomousFiligree
June 5th, 2009, 07:15
I was up for trying something similar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9374) with Savage Worlds, not much interest though. I'm not overly familar with d20, but if the time is right I'll have a go!

Blue Haven
June 5th, 2009, 11:20
WoW :D UFC in Fantasy Grounds? Thats Great!!! ;)