PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help please

Gryfen
June 3rd, 2009, 01:26
I used FG2 earlier today... it worked fine .. i finished a module for my campaign... I checked made sure the module opened in my campaign and everything worked... it was fine ... shut FG2 down, started a new module... worked on it for a while.... its time for my game so i shut it off to open my campaign... and it has an error... wont let me open it... I have tried replacing the db with the back up... same thing. it has an error telling me it has created a back up if there is still a problem.. to replace the db with the back up ( Which ive already done... several times) Of course it doesnt help that everyones calling now wondering why they cant log in.

Anyone on.. and paying attention at this, my moment of dire need?

Gryfen
June 3rd, 2009, 01:49
Edit: I can open all the other campaigns/module's... Just the one i need is broke ( Of course)

Gryfen
June 3rd, 2009, 03:23
Edit 2: Found a work around... made a new campaign... copied the db into it .. The players had to download everything again... but at least its game on.

Zeus
June 3rd, 2009, 16:12
Check the modulesdb folder in the campaitn folder in your app data folder for an entry relating to the module you exported. On occaision after exporting a module I sometimes get a rogue XML file appear in the modulesdb folder. The files in this folder are about 10kb each, if you find a file which significantly exceeds this then remove it from the folder. With the offending XML file removed your campaign should load without crashing FG2.

zabulus
June 4th, 2009, 06:04
Also, for future reference, "and it has an error..." isn't that helpful. Which error did it give?

Gryfen
June 4th, 2009, 17:20
Sorry, I know better... I was in a hurry... trying to get it fixed for the game. It was an error that shows up when FG2 crashes.

Anyway, I got it fixed... Not sure what happened... but it was caused by another Module I had opened in the campaign. I removed the module from the module folder and FG2 opened just fine... I put it back... and it opens and everything works again... So I'm not sure what happened... but it's fixed.

Thanks for your help.