PDA

View Full Version : 4e Monster Manual module disappeared!

Russelbog
May 31st, 2009, 11:51
Please help! I was parsing some monsters early this morning, and when i went into my campaign, no MM module. PHB is still there. I checked all my files. the monster manual is in my FG II module file like it should be. i checked to see if the thumbnail icon was the problem...no luck. I have my first campaign with 6 players this morning @ 8:30am PST (5 hours from now). any suggestions would really be helpful.

Bidmaron
May 31st, 2009, 14:27
It sounds like your file got corrupted with a bad XML character. This can happen sometimes when you're cutting and pasting entries like you were. Go to the modules folder in your FG2 and find the MM module (I have no idea what it's name is in 4e, as I don't use that). Then change its name extension to .zip. Unpack the zip. Open the .xml file that isn't the definition file (probably client.xml) in explorer and try to find the offending character. You can use notepad (notepad++ is great as it has syntax coloring) to do the editing. Save it back once you've fixed it. Then repack the module zip, rename it to the .mod extension and try again. If you've found and fixed the problem, your module should show up.
If you are unfamiliar with XML, go to this link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/introduction.xcp) and scroll down to the XML area. There are several help files listed there.