PDA

View Full Version : Updater Issue

Alyais
May 31st, 2009, 05:20
Ffolks,

Pal of mine tried to install FG2 with a legitimate CD-KEY. (We tried 2 in fact). When he installs everything goes fine. We'd appreciate help with this. I've tried to be thorough before coming here.

His issues are;
1. When he turns the program on it immediately activates the UPDATER. He can't even see the version number of his FG2.
2. In addition when he tries to update it gives him the error;
"Getting Package Listing
Error!"

We have tried;

Installing Fantasy Grounds 2 with two separate CD-KEYs which are both legitimate.
For both of these attempts we used the CD-KEYS both with hashes and without. No change.
We disabled his default Windows Firewall which, to our knowledge, is the only firewall operating on his machine.

Details of the Trouble;

He is not behind a router.
He is using cable internet and is connected directly to his modem.

Alyais
June 1st, 2009, 05:16
The issue persists. Possibly one of the developers may have a fix?

unerwünscht
June 1st, 2009, 09:16
Ok... I had a theory on this, so I tested it. I get this error when I attempt to run the installer without first uninstalling the application. The error only occurs if I do this on an account without admin access to the system. If I have admin access the application reinstalls correctly.

Alyais
June 1st, 2009, 20:59
In this case the individual is using a windows XP machine with an administrator account. Perhaps he needs to delete all of the files in the FG2 folders after uninstall?

I will have him test this.

Griogre
June 1st, 2009, 21:29
There are some issues with some "routers." I put routers in quotes because that cable module probably has a router built in it.

The FG 2.4 beta version may fix this issue. You can try it by downloading the tool that allows you to use the test version. Tell the tool you want the test version then run the updater. If it works, it should update your updater, then install the test version. It that worked then start the tool again and flip it back to release. Because you will still have the new updater at the start of the download you should be able to roll back to the release version 2.3.6.

Alyais
June 2nd, 2009, 01:09
There are some issues with some "routers." I put routers in quotes because that cable module probably has a router built in it.

The FG 2.4 beta version may fix this issue. You can try it by downloading the tool that allows you to use the test version. Tell the tool you want the test version then run the updater. If it works, it should update your updater, then install the test version. It that worked then start the tool again and flip it back to release. Because you will still have the new updater at the start of the download you should be able to roll back to the release version 2.3.6.

Griogre,

Thanks so much! Where is this located?

Bidmaron
June 2nd, 2009, 02:19
Go to the 2nd topic in the Laboratory category, and it will explain how to install it.

Matt12
June 2nd, 2009, 02:25
I had this same problem a while ago. I solved it by un-installing FGII and my anti-virus. Then I re-installed everything and it worked fine.

Xenoalex
June 17th, 2009, 19:15
I currently have this issue aswell and I cant find a fix to it.
Tried uninstalling / re-installing several times.

If this may help, I currently have the LITE version.

Xenoalex
June 18th, 2009, 00:05
I currently have this issue aswell and I cant find a fix to it.
Tried uninstalling / re-installing several times.

If this may help, I currently have the LITE version.

All fixed, was the updater server that was down for maintenance.