PDA

View Full Version : Player looking for 4e or 3.5e group.

Rakgar
May 30th, 2009, 16:34
Hello all,

Yet another player looking for a 4th edition D&D game. Depending on the availability of a group I'm open for a 3.5 campaign as well. I have a fair bit of experience with both having been DM of a couple longer campaigns in 3rd and 3.5 editions as well as a relatively short campaign in 4e. Due to my work schedule I'd prefer to just sit as a player at someone else's table.

Playstyle:
I'm fairly flexible in what I'll play and definitely easy going as far as playing style.

Setting:
I am not particularly picky on setting and generally enjoy homebrew settings as long as they're reasonable. In my eyes it is the group that is gaming and the way a DM handles his storytelling that makes for a great gaming experience, not the mechanics of it.

Voice vs. Chat:
I'd prefer a game that isn't done via voice, instead using FG2's chat window at least for in-game chat for a couple of reasons. It has been my experience that games that use voice chat often get side tracked a lot more with out of character conversation (unless the voice chat is specifically used for that purpose to keep it out of the game so to speak). I'm sure this isn't the case with all groups by any means and if it isn't in your own consider the point moot. The other more practical reason is you probably don't want to be listening into the continuous babble that my 2 year old son generates.

Play Times:
I am in the US central time zone (GMT-6) and work on a rotating schedule at work (meaning I switch between day & night shifts regularly). What this means to you is that I cannot commit to being at a game on a specific time on the same day of every week. I do, however, have a lot of days off granting me a fair amount of flexibility in times I can make. Generally if you wish to host your games at a specific day/time every week this means I'll likely miss 1 in 4 sessions. For many that probably is a deal breaker, but for those of you running games where flexibility in scheduling different days of the week for gaming is a plus, you're the folks I'm looking for. And most importantly for DMs who share this annoyance, if I say I'll be there then I will.

So if you're running a game that has a good mix of story and combat and find yourself looking to fill another seat at the table please send me a PM or toss a reply in this thread.
Thanks for your consideration.

Syric
May 30th, 2009, 18:36
It doesn't seem there are many DM's out there unfortunately, I've been looking for a game 3rd ed/3.5 ed /4th ed for some time along with two friends for a while now.

Our schedules are pretty flexible so if you decided you'd be willing to try running a game let us know, we'd be interested.

cpbs
June 1st, 2009, 04:57
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=281

I run a 3.5 D&D home brew game that plays Saturday morning at 8:00am CST. It typically runs for 4 hours or so. I am looking for one person to play this coming Saturday to try out. If interested please PM me and Ill post character creation requirements.

Thanks
cpbs