PDA

View Full Version : Some questions (viewing other char sheets/whisper)

Mike Tremp
May 29th, 2009, 13:04
Hi everyone

I'm fairly new to FG2. I had a tech test round with my group and everybody seems very excited. There were some questions I could not answer and I hope you can help me with this.

1.) Can players view the character sheets of other players to see their inventory, description etc?

2.) Is it possilbe to send "whispered" messages to the GM that only the GM can see. (Obviously we could do this through Teamspeak, but the player wanted to do it in FG2).

Many Thanks for your answers!

Valarian
May 29th, 2009, 13:14
1) No, but you can share player notes (which does well for character descriptions). Right-click on the note and select the share option from the radial menu.
2) Yes, you use /w to whisper to the GM. The GM answers the whisper by using /w [character name] then the text to whisper. The GM only has to enter enough of the character name to uniquely identify it.

EugeneZ
May 30th, 2009, 05:47
Fun tip! A DM can type text and drag it to a portrait to send it. Oddly, players cannot. By the way, this might be specific to 4E_JPG. Since that's all I use, I have no idea.

Valarian
May 30th, 2009, 08:27
No, I think that one is standard functionality. Personally, I find it easier to use /w - but, each to their own.

Griogre
June 1st, 2009, 20:37
You can also drag and drop chat frame text onto portraits to whisper it to just a specific PC or two. I find this to be a huge timesaver over having to type out a whisper.