PDA

View Full Version : Images Folder

ionofrao
May 28th, 2009, 09:07
Is there any way to make sub folders in the images folder like you can for tokens?

I would really like to have a folder for people, places, items, maps, etc... Instead of everything on 1 giant list. I tried putting sub folders in and the images all still just show in the main images list....

Ged
May 28th, 2009, 09:25
The giant list can be decomposed within Fantasy Grounds. Check the entries about categories in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide/books.xcp.

Zeus
May 28th, 2009, 09:27
Is there any way to make sub folders in the images folder like you can for tokens?

I would really like to have a folder for people, places, items, maps, etc... Instead of everything on 1 giant list. I tried putting sub folders in and the images all still just show in the main images list....

You can use Groups. Right click on bottom of the Main Images List window (literally on the scroll) and select the Add New Group icon (4 o'clock).

Now drag your images to the appropriate Tabs and you can sort them this way. They will still all be in one folder at the filesystem level but will be nicely sorted in FG2.

You can name the Groups by entering the name in the chat window and dragging it to the appropriate tab.

ionofrao
May 29th, 2009, 00:14
Wow thanks Zephp, thats exactly what I was looking for !

You can use Groups. Right click on bottom of the Main Images List window (literally on the scroll) and select the Add New Group icon (4 o'clock).

Now drag your images to the appropriate Tabs and you can sort them this way. They will still all be in one folder at the filesystem level but will be nicely sorted in FG2.

You can name the Groups by entering the name in the chat window and dragging it to the appropriate tab.

fouber
January 12th, 2019, 08:43
I group images by both FG groups and corresponding file system folders, but I'm a newb and I'm not sure it's recommended.

Create a sub-folder in ...Fantasy Grounds\campaign name\Images. Let's call it The Lidless Eye. I dump all the images I've created for my module into the ...Fantasy Grounds\campaign name\Images\The Lidless Eye subfolder. Switch to FG. The images I just added appear under the New group. I create a new image group called The Lidless Eye and drag the images from New group into The Lidless Eye group. Voila. The images are organized at both the database level and corresponding filesystem level.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2019, 15:58
10 years later... ;)

It’s not recommended to put images in sub folders of the campaign images directory. Whereas it might appear to work, it’s not designed that way and could give issues down the line.

madman
January 13th, 2019, 00:41
Rise.... Rise.... Rise....

fouber
January 13th, 2019, 00:56
Sorry I necro'd an old post. Since my response is more of a question than an answer, just think of it as a new post with added background information.

LordEntrails
January 13th, 2019, 00:57
Sorry I necro'd an old post. Since my response is more of a question than an answer, just think of it as a new post with added background information.
So yea, the answer then is sub-folders are not recommended and may cause issues since they are not explicitly coded for.

Targas
January 13th, 2019, 06:42
To sort your pictures, prefix them with e.g. map_, monster_, image_, or whatever you can think of. It helps when you later have 100 or more pictures in this folder and want to search sth.