PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Start a New UK Group D&D 4E

Woozywyvern
May 23rd, 2009, 09:54
Hi folks

I am looking to start up a new UK Group (or those available to play GMT). Primarily Thursday evening for a few hours and maybe the odd Sunday afternoon. (Probably 8.30 - 11 or something on a Thurs).

I am happy to organise things, and also to do some GM'ing (Although I am very rusty) but would be nice to have it switched around a bit to let everyone get a game.

My only issue is that I am relatively new to FG, so may need some technical assistance within the group.

Any interest?

suntzu777
May 24th, 2009, 12:56
if your interested i am running a 4E game thursday evenings . have a look at the Euro thursday night alternative , games run from 7pm to 10 pm uk time

Rob

neobahamutdragon
May 25th, 2009, 21:54
I am also from London. Very much like to join you guys with 4th edition. I have played it alot and timing is awsome. Another thing I would recomend inexperinced dms to look for Living in Forgotten Realms games. You need to get RPGA membership but they are quite enjoyable.

lazareth1
May 25th, 2009, 22:36
I'm also pretty interested in getting something going. Give me a PM or just post another message with details on meeting up :)

Zeus
May 25th, 2009, 23:46
Hi folks

I am looking to start up a new UK Group (or those available to play GMT). Primarily Thursday evening for a few hours and maybe the odd Sunday afternoon. (Probably 8.30 - 11 or something on a Thurs).

I am happy to organise things, and also to do some GM'ing (Although I am very rusty) but would be nice to have it switched around a bit to let everyone get a game.

My only issue is that I am relatively new to FG, so may need some technical assistance within the group.

Any interest?

I'm up for this, if your open. Thursday works better for me but I can only make the occaisional Sunday session. Time is perfect for me though as I'm in Hertfordshire and gives me time to get in from work. :)

I'm DMing another 4e FG2 session at the moment so would prefer to play rather than DM another at the moment but can definatley assist technically and DM a bit further down the line.

PM me the details.

DNH
May 26th, 2009, 09:27
I would dearly love to join you but am not sure I will be able to. I currently DM a 4e game of my own on FG2 on Friday nights and I don't think the wife would take kindly to me signing off my Thursday nights too! ;) Occasional Sunday afternoons would be a complete no-go.

Thing is though, I don't/won't get a chance to *play* 4e, as opposed to DMing it, unless I join some other group as the only other DM in our group runs 3.5e/Pathfinder. Keep your presence on this board though, and I shall see if I can wangle something.

neobahamutdragon
May 26th, 2009, 13:12
I would dearly love to join you but am not sure I will be able to. I currently DM a 4e game of my own on FG2 on Friday nights and I don't think the wife would take kindly to me signing off my Thursday nights too! ;) Occasional Sunday afternoons would be a complete no-go.

Thing is though, I don't/won't get a chance to *play* 4e, as opposed to DMing it, unless I join some other group as the only other DM in our group runs 3.5e/Pathfinder. Keep your presence on this board though, and I shall see if I can wangle something.

I hate going out on friday evenings and be glad to play WOW (Sorry 4th edition) with you.

Woozywyvern
May 26th, 2009, 20:03
Ok great stuff - I have set a group up called the Thursday Nighters in the Calendar section - can people apply in there. Perhaps we could login Thursday and try and get something going, characters generated and maybe a game started? It will be slow going at first as I get used to things. And I haven't tabletop DM'd for oh, 18 years or so :)

Link to the group here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=405)

I will get on ASAP ( I will aim for 20.30 but depends on how quickly I get home from work). PM me, or email me at [email protected] for server details and my MSN address to communicate.

Woozywyvern
May 31st, 2009, 20:18
Still looking for another player or two if anyone is interested.

Kirayon
June 3rd, 2009, 10:05
I would like to play in the alternative (smaller) group, however I'm on the west coast of the US and I don't know if that will be a problem. I'm usually a late night/early morning type of guy and tend to sleep days so the flipped schedule works just fine for me. Please let me know if you'll have me, I'm online almost at all times anyway so feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through AIM or Yahoo with the screenname cwazierussian for both.

Talinfein
June 3rd, 2009, 18:13
Hi guys,

IŽm located in Germany and would like to try out FG as a player. Thursday nights is fine with me. However, IŽm not able to commit in the long term since IŽll be moving to Taiwan in August. Until then, playing on Thursday nights shouldnŽt be a problem.

One question, though: are you planning on using FG exclusively or do you intent to combine it with Skype or similar programs? Both would be fine with me, though a strictly FG-based game would probably be easier for starters.

earthworm3
June 6th, 2009, 10:19
I'm located in france and i'm interested for this group. I can play every weekend and evening weeks.