PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - how do I find a game?

punkzip
May 18th, 2009, 07:35
I am a complete newbie here. How to I find a game to join? Should I post and respond to posts here, or just "apply" on the game calendar? If I apply on the game calendar, will the GM typically contact me if there is an opening via the PM here?

Also, if I am a player I just need the basic version of the software correct? If I am playing something like Call of Cthulhu do I have to buy the add on ruleset also?

Drizzt06
May 18th, 2009, 07:59
Not sure about the ruleset question but its a good idea if oyur looking for a game to keep your eyes on the guild house posts as well as the calendar keep checking new gams and dms pop up pritty often and dont be afraid to pm people on the calendar if you have questions eveyr one is pretty ffriendly here, GL

suntzu777
May 18th, 2009, 08:40
first i would post the times that you would like to play , if you like to play UK time i run a 4th Ed D&D thursday evenings

Rob

Leonal
May 18th, 2009, 10:55
As a player you don't have to buy or manually install any ruleset. It will be downloaded when you connect to a new game (and updated if the gm makes any changes to the ruleset.)