PDA

View Full Version : Help connecting

NeoShain
May 17th, 2009, 21:11
Hey all,

Listen I have tried everything I can think of to get my friends able to connect. I have Windows Vista 64bit, and have shut down Windows Firewall. I have McAfee, and have tried everything from shutting it down to allowing the ports open through it. I have a linksys router and have used the port forwarding function on it to open 1802 as well. What else should I do?

Bidmaron
May 18th, 2009, 03:19
Have you checked to make sure that the lan ip address on your server computer is the same as the port forwarding? I eventually had to give my server a static local ip to get fg2 to work because every time I woke up my computer it seemed like it had a different local ip. I am using vista 64 also and I have a linksys router as well. I totally turned off norton internet security.

Griogre
May 19th, 2009, 19:58
A checklist:

Open the port on your router.
Forward the port on your router.

Repeat this on any piece of hardware between the Internet and host computer, particualary in the piece of hardware that connects you to the Internet if it is not your router.

Make your local IP static on the router connected to the host computer.

On the host computer make sure you only have one firewall active (via security center).

Allow FG to act as a host on the software firewall on the host computer. Note that cutting off a software firewall will not do this, it just freezes the port settings, you actually have to configure the software firewall.