PDA

View Full Version : Monte Cook's new 3.5 campaign; DM LFG (South Korean Timezone)

Rick
May 13th, 2009, 04:39
I live in South Korea and I'm looking to DM using FG. I'm a relatively new DM, but anxious to explore, and very dedicated to making great maps, tokens, and using awesome campaigns. I'm currently in the process of converting Monte Cook's new Dragon's Delve megadungeon (3.5 ruleset) campaign to FG (creating maps, adding the stories, and so-on). This will be a complete adventure, from levels 1-20 (at least).

I'm hoping to have a group of 4. I'm available Thursday and Saturday evenings Korean time.

For people residing in America, I'm available early Saturday mornings or night your time (not in the afternoon, I'm sleeping).

I know these times suck, but I work a lot, have a live group on Sunday afternoons, and a pregnant wife that needs taking care of. I love DM'ing, though, and I'm really anxious to use this great program to get some more games in. I've been creating several detailed maps using Dundjinni and CC3, making tokens using both the D&D mini pics and overhead graphics, plus making my own spell effect graphics. Any interested parties, please let me know! Thanks for your time.

Leonal
May 14th, 2009, 04:45
Ooo South Korea.:)
I can't play, but I think there are several around here either in Japan or Australia which should fit your schedule perhaps.

Rick
May 14th, 2009, 09:06
Too bad! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

kanari
May 14th, 2009, 12:54
yay! fellow player from asia. Finally a saturday night game i can play on a saturday. hahah..
May I join?

Rick
May 14th, 2009, 14:16
Of course! I'm still looking for people in other places as well ... I'll have more information in a couple days, but as long as I get a couple more, you're definately in :)

kanari
May 14th, 2009, 14:39
ok. just send me a private message then. (~^-^~)
thanks!

Rick
May 18th, 2009, 11:01
We're still looking for one, maybe two more players. The game will most likely start around 8pm (GMT plus 9hr.) Seoul-time on Saturday night. Unfrotunately, this probably excludes anyone from America or Canada, unless you're an early riser. In the hopes of attracting more players, I'll give a little more information about the campaign. It's being written by Monte Cook, but it's completely new. It's not based on Arcana Evolved or Ptolus. The following is the player intro, written by Monte Cook ... if you'd like to know more, please post or send a message! Take care!

"Maybe you first heard the name in a tavern well after closing time, as two old adventurers, well past their prime, spoke of it in hushed tones. Maybe it was from your own mother, who swore she'd send you there when you misbehaved. Perhaps you read the name in an ancient tome of history and lore illuminated by flickering candlelight late at night as the wind howled outside. Wherever you first heard of the place, you have long heard tales of Dragon's Delve.

A vast underground dungeon of labyrinths and catacombs, built perhaps by dwarves or perhaps by wizards--or maybe even dragons--Dragon's Delve is infamous among treasure-hunters and monster-slayers. Filled with deadly danger and ancient treasures, the dungeon offers both risk and reward in equal amounts, each growing more intense the deeper one goes. How much peril is worth risking for how much return? It's all up to those brave enough to try.

The tales of Dragon's Delve teem with contradictions and unbelievable anecdotes of impossible encounters and bizarre monstrosities. And yet, some of it all must be true. Do demonic cultists really use Dragon's Delve as a secret base? Is there truly some kind of ambient magic seeping up through the place? Did wizards of old hoard away powerful artifacts in the dungeon's vaults? Do gateways to remote lands and even other planes of existence really lie somewhere in Dragon's Delve? Does the prince of all dragonkind really hold court in the deepest reaches of the subterranean stronghold? No one knows for certain, but those that could find the answers to even some of these questions, or learn even a few of the dungeon's other secrets, might earn for themselves notoriety and wealth beyond imagining.

If they survive.

Dragon's Delve lies in a remote corner of a long-forsaken wilderness that people once called the Duchy of Chordille. Yet a hundred years ago or so, the folk of the surrounding lands took up arms against Chordille. They razed the keep and slew the duke. It's hard now to find someone who knows the real reason why this happened. A few speak of evil intent on the part of the duke, who had plans for conquest. Others, however, say that the duke's actions were always benevolent, and that the conflict arose from misunderstanding, or perhaps deception on the part of some mysterious third party.

All that is known for certain is that folks call that remote realm the Fallen Duchy. It boasts no ruler and little population. Wilderness reclaimed Chordille, and it is now a land of dangers.

People in Brindenford, a small town just two miles to the north, claim that murderous humanoid creatures prowl those ruins. Goblins? Orcs? Worse? No one seems to know for sure, and eyewitness accounts are few, and always contradictory. They also claim that the place is both haunted and cursed.

So many questions. So many secrets.

If you dare to brave this ancient dungeon, go well equipped. Be ready for anything. Keep your eyes open, and search everywhere. Any passage or door you find could lead to wealth enough for you to retire. Or it could lead to certain doom.

But that's what being an adventurer is all about, right? This isn't an undertaking that you'll finish in one foray or even a dozen. This is the challenge of a lifetime. As someone thrilled at the prospect of exploring the unknown, incredible challenges, and the promise of gold and magic, Dragon's Delve is exactly where you've always wanted to go."

Pheonix-IV
May 18th, 2009, 13:41
This sounds interesting, and the time slot is pretty good for me. I'm in Melbourne so sall good.

When are you planning on starting?

tahl_liadon
May 18th, 2009, 13:56
finally an ae campaign, but the timing is off :P

Rick
May 19th, 2009, 00:24
I'd like to start as soon as soon as possible! I'm sending you a message ... talk to you soon!

spelljammer
July 6th, 2010, 05:59
I'd really love to play in this game if it is still going? I'm in indonesia.

Izumneth
July 6th, 2010, 15:58
Being in the US, I can't make this, but I'd drool for the opportunity to do so. I've subscribed to Monte's site, and I recommend it HIGHLY.

All the best with your campaign,

Iz.