PDA

View Full Version : Hotkey/Macro Question

Malus
May 12th, 2009, 21:26
Greetings everyone.

I have run into a little problem, I'm hoping there is a fix for it. I am player and have decided to make hotkeys for the spells that my character uses the most. One of which is Ice Storm. It does 2d6 cold damage and 3d6 bludgeoning damage. I have been trying to find a way for the hotkey to roll the two sets of dice independently.

I've tried /die 2d6+3d6 /die 2d6(3d6) /die 2d6+(3d6) /die 2d6-3d6 /die 2d6,3d6 etc etc. I'm not even sure if this is even possible but I was hoping someone could help me out or let me know if it's doable.

Thanks in advance.

Foen
May 12th, 2009, 22:00
Hi Malus and welcome to the forums!

It is doable programmatically (try opening the Monsters in the 3.5E ruleset and dragging a full attack to your short key), but I'm not sure if you can do it using a keyboard command.

Perhaps someone else knows better?

Foen

Griogre
May 12th, 2009, 22:01
It's not do able. FG hotkeys don't do multiple dice expressions. When I was playing a mage with Icestorm my hot key expressed as a die code would have been something like this /die 5d6 Icestorm (last 2 dice cold dam).

Of course, when I was playing 3.5 with the d20 ruleset I didn't make die codes for hot keys, I would have put 5d6 in a weapon slot called "Icestorm (last 2 dice cold dam)" and then dragged the damage dice cup onto the hotkey bar.

Edit: Interesting idea Foen, but that stuff is parsed from certain fields and I don't think a player (client) can do that.

Edit2 : I messed with this and even the host would still end up with several hotkeys for different dice expresions.

Malus
May 13th, 2009, 00:44
Thanks for the quick replies, I was starting to think that it wasn't possible my thanks for verifying. At any rate, guess I will need to just specify which of the 5 dice are cold damage.

Again, thank you for the replies.