PDA

View Full Version : Survival of the Fittest

Mask_of_winter
May 12th, 2009, 02:30
Hi all!

I'm a zombie fanatic. I'm also a GM. Have been one for about 20 years. It's been a dream of mine to be part of an epic scale campaign of survival horror involving the walking dead.

Sure the action, gore and B special effects are fun but the aspect that fascinates me the most about zombie movies or literature is zombie as a device for the apocalypse. The aftermath, the collapse of civilization as we know it. The Robinson Crusoe'sque struggle of a group of survivor who must find ways to rebuild a new civilization, humanity's struggle to remain civilized and not become animals once again is truly fascinating. Once anarchy has taken over we become animals. Once the every day commodities we take for granted are no longer available our primal instincts kicks in and we show our true face. That's when the true horror begins.

When humans are no longer on top of the food chain and is outnumbered 1000 to 1 how would you react? Would you break or suddenly find strength within that you never suspected was there? Is the shambling rotter your biggest threat or is it your neighbour who's fighting for the same essentials as you are? Will unity be the key to your survival or will you instead eliminate the competition? Will you be on the run with a shambling horde always on your back or will you built a fortress and hope it last? Will you wait out the Rise and hope the remnants of governship will bring back order and give you your life back or will you set the foundations to a new world? Your utopia... Does this bane of humanity hold any metaphysical meaning to you? Do you believe God is responsible? Do you believe the goverment is responsible?

These are the themes I intend to use for this campaign. I want this to be rules lite to give the spotlight to character interaction, decision making and for the overall mood. So we'll be using the Unisystem ruleset for All Flesh must be Eaten RPG. It's very easy to understand. You will not be intimidated by the this set of rules if you've never played with it. I will run this campaign on Saturdays in the afternoon EST (GMT-5) (12 or 1 pm until 4 or 5 pm). Whether you are a seasoned RPG vet or just starting out you are welcomed. All I ask is that you understand this is not going to be a hack and slash fest. It would also be expected that you have a passion for everything zombie.

So if this is something that interests you or you would like to know more about the campaign you know where to find me.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Eric aka Mask_of_winter

Mask_of_winter
May 12th, 2009, 02:31
here's a link to the calendar

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=401

mr_h
May 12th, 2009, 13:42
It's a shame the time doesn't work out for me....I've been reading World War Z lately and it sounds like it'd be a fun game :)

Mask_of_winter
May 12th, 2009, 17:18
World War Z is an amazing book indeed. They are making a movie with it too.

Flak
May 13th, 2009, 04:11
Bumpity.

Still looking for some fellow survivors. This Sat. at 12 or 1 PM, noonish to 4-5 PM. Talk to the post leader guy to get in on zombie action!

Ikael
May 13th, 2009, 07:05
Oh, the starting time have changed to 12PM from 8PM, in such a case I can join in (Happy!).

Taking a piece of zombie

Mask_of_winter
May 13th, 2009, 11:02
1pm GMT -5 means 8pm for you indeed Ikael. Join in on the calendar and roll up a character.

VarnFury
May 13th, 2009, 22:11
Highly interested. Only thing is i head to work at 4:45pm from my house... so if you run it till 5, i need to bounce out 15 min's early.

Mask_of_winter
May 13th, 2009, 23:09
Highly interested. Only thing is i head to work at 4:45pm from my house... so if you run it till 5, i need to bounce out 15 min's early.

That won't be a problem. Do you have the AFMBE books already? You are welcomed to sign in on the calendar if you havent already.

ElementEvil
May 14th, 2009, 03:50
lol Varn, if your character is MMA, please give in and call him George St Pierre. That way I know we will win! lol

VarnFury
May 14th, 2009, 23:09
No i dont have the books on hand, wish i did.
As far the MMA character name, just Lol on that. If that the case i should name him Matt Hughes or maybe Dan "The Beast" Severn.

Ikael
May 15th, 2009, 06:48
If you don't have the book, the best bet is to get free WitchCraft RPG book as PDF, which uses the same rules as we are going to use. It gives you all the rules needed to play and create character (except it doesn't have norm character type, ask GM about that). The PDF can be found from following link: https://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/WitchcraftCorebook.zip

ElementEvil
May 15th, 2009, 22:01
Hey, my character is russian, maybe you should play Fedor Emelianenko!

dont need a baseball bat, one punch and their skull caves in :)

Sakumbe
June 26th, 2009, 05:40
Hi there! I would be interested in joining this game, let me know what you need from me aside from my char sheet.

Mask_of_winter
June 30th, 2009, 16:39
We're a group of 3 players and one GM now recruiting for this campaign. We play Saturday afternoons EST ( GMT -5). PM me if interested.