PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy RPG2 - Sunday nights, 8 PM (gmt-5)

joshuha
May 11th, 2009, 18:40
On Sunday, May 17th I will be starting up a Fantasy Grounds campaign using the Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd edition rules. The game time will be from 8 PM to midnight (GMT-5). I currently have 2 players and looking to fill 2-3 more slots. Players are required to have a Fantasy Grounds lite license (a full will of course work as well).

For those unfamiliar with WFRPG2 it is a pretty gritty fantasy game where combat is deadly, magic makes you insane, and its more a battle for survival than for heroics a lot of the time. The timeline is more renaissance than medieval so things like firearms and what not are in play but still expensive and unreliable. You have your stock humans, elves, dwarves, and halflings but with slight twists compared to your standard D&D races.

The game is mostly percentile based with some d10 rolls thrown in and the class advancement system has a ton of classes/career paths you can take (although each is just a modification of what skills/attributes you can increase and what talents are available) and only certain careers can exit out into other advanced careers.

I have a group setup at www.fouruglymonsters.com and once I get prospective players I will send out invites.

Blue Haven
May 12th, 2009, 12:43
Very nice :) if it wasn´t for the time line i really would like to join :( if you decide to play in a diferent time please let me know...other thing...will you use the new Careers from the career compendium...? and you will play a free game or some modules...?

Birchtree
May 12th, 2009, 22:13
If there's any chance you can shift the start time back a couple of hours (I'm in GMT), I'd be interested. Good luck with it either way.

Blue Haven
May 12th, 2009, 22:51
I have the same problem ;) i´m at GMT+1 :)

Llellwylliell
May 13th, 2009, 18:14
Id be interested. but yes the time is bad for me too.

I'm at GMT +9.5.

XOCentric
May 13th, 2009, 22:31
I'd be interested in playing, Im at gmt -5 as well. Except that I have no idea of the system.

joshuha
May 13th, 2009, 22:51
Alright, I am going to go ahead and put on pause new recruits will I PM those interested.

taoistpunk
May 30th, 2009, 21:40
I saw the Pause, but if you need to fill a slot, the time works well for me..I live EST (philly). Familiar with the game (lots of live-play/DMing xp). I enjoy the setting and the system, and am running full ver. FG2

Lemme know

Taoistpunk

Sillius
June 16th, 2009, 00:06
I would also be (very) interested in this game. The timing works perfectly for me. I am a very experienced WHFRP player/GM, though it has now been about two years. Lemme know.

Dershem
June 16th, 2009, 04:00
Same as above really.. WFRPG was always one of my favorites, though I haven't picked up the new edition yet.

Blue Haven
June 16th, 2009, 12:58
I would also be (very) interested in this game. The timing works perfectly for me. I am a very experienced WHFRP player/GM, though it has now been about two years. Lemme know.

Canīt you start a game too?? what time zone you have? in GMT please :)

Sillius
June 16th, 2009, 18:55
GMT -5.

I'd love to, I just feel that I am not sufficiently conversant with Fantasy Grounds to run it yet. I'll look into how hard it is or isn't to do. If I do so, I'll let some people in this thread know.

Blue Haven
June 17th, 2009, 14:51
Nice :) i used to GM some games of Wfrp but not in english and i don´t have time to translate all the material...but i know how to work with the ruleset and FG...but i have no time...:(