PDA

View Full Version : Can't open Savage Worlds.

XOCentric
May 10th, 2009, 22:48
Alright this may be somewhat of a dumb post, but I just bought FG2 Full ver, signed up for a Savage Worlds game except that I can't create a SW character. I open the character creation for SW and there's a backdrop and the dice, but nothing else. None of the regular tabs in the top right corner.

So, is this a system problem, or is the full SW ruleset not included upon purchase?

I am running vista 64bit if this makes any difference.

Cheers!

**EDIT** After some testing, the buttons do appear to be there, but there are invisible and cause the client to lockup if I atttempt to use them. Does this sound familiar to anyone?>

Foen
May 11th, 2009, 06:28
Are you in "Create and View Local Character" mode? I don't think SW supports local characters (in common with nearly all rulesets), so you need to run your FG as the host or connect to a running host session.

Cheers

Foen

Griogre
May 11th, 2009, 06:30
Are you making a local character? The Savage World ruleset, like most rulesets does not support making a local character. You need to connect to the server hosting the game.

If you are trying to make a pregen character for a SW game, start the server and create a character there.

Foen
May 11th, 2009, 06:59
Beat you to it!

XOCentric
May 11th, 2009, 23:53
Ahh many thanks, I will give this a shot, hopefully all will be right with the world. :D