PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: The Vigil

Mask_of_winter
May 7th, 2009, 18:18
Hi!

I'm thinking about starting a Hunter: The Vigil game so I wanted to get a feel from the community. Who would be interested in that? There would be a lot of roleplay involved. I've wanted to run a zombie apocalypse campaign for a while now. All Flesh Must Be Eaten RPG is a great system for that but because of the lack of a ruleset and because I wouldnt know how to make one nor do I have the time to I thought the NWOD ruleset would be perfect for that.

It is too early to talk about scheduling at this point. Just so you know I am in the EST time zone and saturday afternoons might be the best time for me. One weekday (not Tuesday or Friday) or Sunday evening might be a possibility also depending on everybody's availability.

mac40k
May 7th, 2009, 18:50
Love to say I'm interested, but scheduling would be the deciding factor for me. I'm EST as well. Sun evening would work. Sat afternoon would be harder. The only night I really have available is Monday.

Valarian
May 7th, 2009, 19:01
I;ve got a Unisystem ruleset built if you're interested. It's built for Conspiracy X and WitchCraft, but I think it should still be okay for AFMBE.

Ikael
May 7th, 2009, 20:04
I would love to play AFMBE-like zombie game! I have also planned very long time to host one, but haven't had time to make anything playable yet. I have even done AFMBE ruleset for that (actually it's generic Unisystem ruleset with AFMBE-like graphics).

I would be interested in played your game (I quess nWod experience is not required). My GMT is +2 but I don't know yet when I have free weekdays at summer. Let's look again when you are ready to schedule the game.

Mask_of_winter
May 7th, 2009, 21:47
I would be very interested in taking a look at your ruleset Valarian and Ikael. Should I PM you to find out how I can get my hands on it?

I like how flexible the AFMBE rules are.

For what I have in mind we need something rules-lite so we can concentrate on roleplaying in an apocalylpictic/horror/survival RPG. Everyday surivors who actually want to avoid confrontation with the Infected. Think Zombie Diaries, 28 days later, Diary of the Dead and the Zombie Survival Guide.

Valarian
May 8th, 2009, 08:16
PM with an email address to send the ruleset. For obvious reasons, I can't include any modules but the ruleset is pretty much complete.

Character Sheet
Combat Tracker
Personalities
Items
Theme (CyJack Generic Modern, w. desktop for Conspiracy X and WitchCraft)

Screenshots: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8225

Llellwylliell
May 8th, 2009, 15:03
Depending on the time, I would be interested. I am at GMT +9:30.

The nWoD ruleset works very nicely. I'm not sure what your priorities are in a pure zombie game, but its pretty good all round.

Mask_of_winter
May 10th, 2009, 01:00
Thanks to Ikael I got my hands on a Unisystem ruleset I can use to run All Flesh Must Be Eaten. So I will not be using the NWoD ruleset for Hunter: the Vigil.

I will be running this on Saturday afternoons EST 12 to 4 or 5.

Characters will be Norms. Zombies will be powerful and to be avoided. The theme of the campaign will be teamwork and will go way beyond the Rise and into the survival aspect of a zombie holocaust. Finding a shelter, securing ressources and dealing with roaming hordes of walking dead and eventually become the basis to a new civilization.
You will be part of a larger group of survivors so that if your character happens to die you can pick another character from that group. I will encourage you to pick the archetypes provided in the various books but a character made from scratch will also be acceptable. Having skills to defend yourself against the walking dead will be important yes, but survival skills like scavenging, medicine, mechanics, engineering, science and agriculture (to name a few) will be even more important in the long run.

If you are not familiar with the Unisytem dont be intimidated by it. It's one of the easiest and most simple system out there. If you are new to FG2 dont worry about it. What I'm looking for is good spirited, mature, friendly and passionate gamers.

If the Saturday 12pm EST - 4pm EST time slot works for you and you are interested in being part in humanity last stand against the walking dead, give me a shout.

Ikael
May 10th, 2009, 06:55
As for those who are not familiar with Unisystem rules you may download free PDF version of Witchcraft RPG book from following link: https://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/WitchcraftCorebook.zip

The setting is different but the rules and character creation are the same (except for character types and the game won't probably have metaphyics)

Enjoy

Mask_of_winter
May 10th, 2009, 12:44
I've posted the campaign on the calendar. Here's the link:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=401

Mask_of_winter
May 14th, 2009, 02:39
this thread has moved to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10253