PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 game looking for 4players

ThePirateKing
May 6th, 2009, 14:15
Friday night game, ranging between 3pm-12pm CST depending on when is best for the group.

Planning on running home brewed campaign. The playstyle will be- mainly investigation and roleplaying, tho there will be combat in every session (most likely). Looking to have a balanced group. It will be mainly taking place in a city but will eventually leave off into other parts of the world.

Looking for the basic balanced party. Allowing all 3.5 books. But in general want to have every roll covered. Feel free to multiclass and shoot for prestige classes.

1- Fighter, Paladin, Psychic Warrior, Soulknife, etc.
2- Rogue, Spellthief, Bard, Lurk, etc.
3- Wizard, Sorcerer, Beguiler, Psion, Wilder, etc.
4- Cleric of Pelor

Mainly nature based classes will be out of place. (druid, ranger, barbarian)
And for the divine spellcaster role im limiting to a cleric of pelor.
If you have anyother classes in mind that i have not listed and you wish to play, run it by me and we'll see if it will fit in with the party.

If you are interested post here with classes you are interested in and start and ending play times (on fridays) you are good for.

Zion Zophin
May 7th, 2009, 01:08
Sounds interesting to me. I like that this isn't going to be mainly hack and slash. I'd like to hear more about the setting you're coming up with.

I've been playing regular table top for about 15 years or so , but this would be my first time using FG. I have the 3 core 3.5 books. I'd probably like to play a guard type or a wizard based on what it looks like you're going for.

I'd be available 6pm to whenever CST. If you want any more info just send me a message.

Z

xaotik1
May 7th, 2009, 04:21
Fridays work perfectly for me, so you can count me in. I've been playin off and on for about 20 years, and have been playing FG for over a year now, so I should be able to help anyone out who needs it. If possible, could you send me the creation details? Starting level, stat generation, etc?

ThePirateKing
May 7th, 2009, 04:48
Charater generation will used 32point buy. Starting Lv. is 1. Every character will start off with 200g. Evil is out. I'd like most of the characters to be some level of good but neutral will be fine as well

Zion, being a new to FG usually isnt a problem, its pretty easy to pick up.

Xaotic, what roll would you like to fill?

And 6pm-whenever CST looks like where we'll start at on narrowing down a play time thats good for everyone.

IzzyGore
May 7th, 2009, 09:26
I am interesting in joining.

I have a CN Human Ranger.

Although, I am extremely new to role playing in general, but i do intend to learn! So hopefully this will help me if i can be a part of your adventure. :square:

ThePirateKing
May 7th, 2009, 14:04
Izzy- as i have said up top, alot of this will take place in a large city, you will feel out of place. if you can come up with a good reason as to why you are there and not in the wilderness where you feel more at home then you are welcome to be a ranger. And are you new to role playing a charater, or new to D&D as a whole?

Tirileon
May 7th, 2009, 16:19
I would love to play. I would like to play a rogue character this time around, but wouldn't mind playing a Cleric of Pelor. I have played tapletop for about 3 years, but this would be my first time on FantasyGrounds.

ThePirateKing
May 7th, 2009, 16:52
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=398

sign up on the calandar, put what class you'd like to play and then we can confirm the party make-up.

Anyone have objections to starting at 6pm CST?

xaotik1
May 7th, 2009, 20:10
6 is fine by me. If possible I'd like to play a bard, but I see that someone else already wants to do the rogue part, so if that isn't possible I'll take wizard/sorcerer of some sort. Heh, not really picky actually. . .the only one I don't want to play is the cleric. For some reason, my clerics always end up dead within the first 3 encounters. . .

As far as rangers go, there is an urban variant of ranger as well. You can find it in Unearthed Arcana, if interested in looking at it. It would definitely fit the setting better than a standard ranger, I would think.

Tirileon
May 7th, 2009, 20:43
Well actually, I've decided to play the cleric. Whomever wants the rogue/bard role can have it. I can play around 5:30 EST, and can play until whenever.

EDIT:
What ruleset are we using? (i.e. D20_JPG, D20, etc.)
What point system? (FG2 or DMG?)

Zion Zophin
May 8th, 2009, 00:38
I think the "thug" fighter variant looks like what I want to go with because the additions to the class skills look like they would mesh well with the concept of an investigative guard type.

xaotik1
May 8th, 2009, 00:47
Actually, I have never tried a psionic character. . .I think I'll try and see how that goes. . . may as well get some use out of the psionics handbook in my lap. . .just collecting dust as it is :)

ThePirateKing
May 8th, 2009, 04:33
Tirileon- DMG's point buy for stats and just FG's default ruleset

Unless Izzy signs up on the calandar or replies here, still looking for 1 more player. looking for someone that wants to play the part of rogue, bard, spellthief, lurk, etc.

Zion Zophin
May 8th, 2009, 12:27
Need a hand here. Is there a way I can go about creating a character in the local setting to hand in. I tried doing that with the default ruleset (which I think is the foundation set but I may have misread something) but all I get is a sheet with a name.

Please rescue the newbie!

ThePirateKing
May 8th, 2009, 13:43
Hmm... I'm getting the same thing, I'm not sure how to fix it. but anyway, moving campaign disscusion to the calander

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=398

Still in need of one more player

Griogre
May 8th, 2009, 21:49
The foundation ruleset doesn't allow local characters in the release build. I believe the test beta does, though. You will have to log into the game server to build your characters.

Currently, the only 3.5 ruleset that allows lite versions of FG to build a local character is the d20 ruleset that is in the download section of this site. If you are going to run a d20 game with the foundation ruleset I would suggest you use the test version of FG because the combat tracker doesn't work in the release version. This is fixed in the test version. Altenatively you could use the d20_JPG ruleset.

jp222
May 8th, 2009, 23:17
If it's not taken I'll play the rogue or scout for the group

ThePirateKing
May 8th, 2009, 23:39
if you havent already, sign up on the calander