PDA

View Full Version : Problem...

Shibatakatsuie
May 6th, 2009, 05:20
I've got fantasy grounds 2 and when i try to host a game the section where you choose a ruleset is empty.

Griogre
May 6th, 2009, 05:25
Did you create a new campaign to host? Also if you are hosting a Foundation game - did you remember to turn on the 3.5 extention when you created the campaign?

Shibatakatsuie
May 8th, 2009, 06:24
Thats the problem, i click create new campaign, enter my campaign name, under that the ruleset choosing box thingy is empty

Griogre
May 8th, 2009, 21:42
Do you have any rulesets installed? Is there a drop down arrow next to the ruleset selection? You should have at least the Foundation ruleset that came with FG2. We are talking about FG2 aren't we? If you don't see the foundation ruleset you may have an installation problem.

What is you OS? If you have Vista, and installed FG2 with administrative rights you might have this problem. Other oddball installations could affect this too. The blank list is telling your you have nothing in your rulesets folder and you have no PAK rulesets installed.

Haeshka
May 15th, 2009, 21:58
What is a PAK ruleset?
just recently installed FG2 on my computer (I run Vista). I tried to load the base rule-set (the one labeled d20), but, I always receive an error message saying,

"could not load ruleset rule file base.xml"

After this appears -- the program shuts down.

I am not sure how to locate/get this 'base.xml' file -- under the 'Application Data Folder', I can see the rulesets folder -- but, there is nothing initially in there.

Alternatively, I tried loading the 'foundation' option that also appears -- this brings me to the screen where I can roll dice, but, I am unable to open any modules/character sheets.

I was sure to select the 'update' button when I first installed the program. I have also verified that my license key is correct (including the dashes). What am I doing wrong? How can I get a hold of this 'base.xml' file?

Griogre
May 15th, 2009, 22:31
Did you download and install the d20 ruleset from the download section on this site? Several updates ago the d20 ruleset was removed because WotC was suppose to cancel the d20 license when used with 3.5. The foundation ruleset with the 3.5 extention will replace the d20 ruleset. Because of problems with the foundation ruleset combat tracker, Smiteworks has made the d20 ruleset available in the downloads section until the fix the combat tracker problem in the upcoming 2.4 release or WotC actually gets around to cancelling the 3.5 d20 license.

The base.xml file is the main file loaded when you start a ruleset. Missing one of these typically means you have a ruleset that is not compatible with FG2 or your ruleset is not installed correctly.

PAK rulesets are a type of ruleset (like the d20 one) that allow you to build local characters in FG and if clients have them installed - avoid a ruleset transfer when you connect to a campaign using that ruleset. These type of rulesets usually come with an installer because they have to change registry entries.

Haeshka
May 16th, 2009, 04:16
oh wow.. I feel very stupid now -- Thank you -- I didn't even notice the D20 rule set download before.. I kept looking in the store!. Thank you -- now to do a search to find instructions on proper installation =)