PDA

View Full Version : LF: Savage World Game

myrsolon
May 5th, 2009, 07:07
Preferably once a week sometime during weeknights.

longarms
May 5th, 2009, 20:58
What is your time zone?

I've been running savage worlds games on the weekends for a long time now, but I am looking for a weeknight slot to run a game. Either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Start time would be 6:30pm pacific daylight time (GMT-7). Do any of those times work for you?

Ruleset would be savage worlds, of course. Game world would be a pirate/fantasy themed game. See my website @ https://pisian.com/or.html

myrsolon
May 6th, 2009, 02:38
That'd would perfectly for me, btw this is Meren from the peg boards.

I checked out your website, and the setting looks interesting.

My timezone is actually CST so it'd be 8:30pm for me, which is perfect.

FalconDarkwing
May 6th, 2009, 06:07
Umm im not sure what my zone number is all i know is that im Mountain time America and canida. but id be interested in playing. ive never used Fantasy Grounds before and im looking for a game to play.

VarnFury
May 6th, 2009, 06:49
I'd be really insterested in a pirate setting. If it on a Tue or Wedsday... I would be really game to play. Love SW rules. I'm on Est (-5 gmt) time

longarms
May 6th, 2009, 18:09
@Falcon - the game would start at 7:30pm your time. Does that work?

@everyone... so, sounds like Tuesday, May 12th @ 6:30pm PDT (GMT-7) would work out well for everyone? If not, let's work out a different day in this thread.

If that works, let me know and I'll send you the login info for my server. I'll load the server ahead of time so that you can input your characters in advance of the game time.

mac40k
May 6th, 2009, 20:42
FWIW, I run a Sundered Skies game on Wed nights at 8:00pm EST every other week. One of my players runs Slipstream on the alternate weeks. Both are listed in the game calendar and we could use another player or two.

myrsolon
May 6th, 2009, 23:26
It sounds mostly good, but is there anyway we could put it off for one more week? I have two papers due on the 14th and I'm not sure they'll be done by the 12th. Alternatvely, if possiable I'll jump in the game a week late.

mac40k
May 7th, 2009, 04:24
Okay we just played Sundered Skies tonight, so we won't play again until the 20th. The PCs are now one point shy of Veteran, so I'd like to get together with you prior to the 20th for chargen if that's possible. If you haven't already, sign up via the game calendar. Once I accept you I will provide you with additional details about the campaign and we'll figure out a time that works for both of us to handle chargen. Next Wed is Slipstream. I used to try to run weekly, but decided I needed to cut back to every other week and as I said, one of my players stepped up and decided to run Slipstream. We've only played that twice so far though, so if you missed next week, you wouldn't be that far behind.

VarnFury
May 7th, 2009, 06:04
If that works, let me know and I'll send you the login info for my server. I'll load the server ahead of time so that you can input your characters in advance of the game time.

It works for me, It one my days off and i dont normaly do anything on Tuesday.

longarms
May 7th, 2009, 17:04
Okay, Tuesday it is. And we'll start on May 19th.

I'll send you guys the login info tonight or tomorrow via a PM, and then boot up the server so that you can make your characters when you have time.

longarms
May 12th, 2009, 05:44
PMs sent... if anyone else is interested in the pirates/fantasy game on tues. may 19 @ 6:30pm pacific, post here or PM me.

To give you an idea, yes this is a pirate game, so the PCs will be working on a ship, with a crew, which they'll control, of course (if this is a surprise you need to check out savage worlds). At the beginning of a session, we'll divide up the crew between the PCs to determine who controls who. You control your particular crew member on ANOTHER players initiative, which reduces idle time on your part.

Here's the basic crew member types that the PCs can get at their disposal (at least until they dispose of them during some godforsaken voyage, of course). If they live long enough and/or accomplish something great, maybe they'll get promotions (new edge as appropriate for their role):

Ship's crew by title (d8 in relevant skill unless noted)
- Helsman+ (present? N; boating d8)
- Quartermaster+ (present? N; command feat)
- Sailmaster+ (present? N; gives H wild die)
- Navigator* (present? N; know. navigation d8)
- Boatswain+ (present? N; intimidate d8)
- Carpenter* (present? N; repair d8)
- Gunner+ (present? N; shooting d8, steady hands)
- Apprentice* (present? N; type(s) by letter: _)
- Doctor* (present? N; healing d8)
- Pirates (quantity = X ready to fight, Y incapacitated)
* indicates no combat duties and degraded stats; and + indicates officier with gun and improved stats as compared to the pirates

myrsolon
May 12th, 2009, 23:57
Thanks again for running longarm, I'm really looking foward to this game. Tomorrow night I should be breaknig the surface of life agan and I'll jump onto the server and make my character either then on thursday.

longarms
May 17th, 2009, 18:35
The pirates/fantasy game is scheduled for this tuesday. if anyone else wants to play, send me a PM or reply here and I'll get you the login info so that you can login and prepare a character.

longarms
May 25th, 2009, 20:27
Next game is tomorrow, May 26 @ 6:30pm PST-7 (PDT).

Anyone who is looking to try savage worlds is welcome. In fact, as the PCs now have a ship and crew, any new PCs can simply "put a name and face" on one of the 'red shirt" crew members :)

PM me for the login phrase if you would like to login and set up a character ahead of the game. The server is up now.

CHATLOG from last week's game
https://www.pisian.com/log051909.html

longarms
May 30th, 2009, 05:39
Next game is Tuesday, June 2nd @ 6:30pm PST.

Drop ins are welcome. new players are welcome. just PM me or reply here for the login phrase. a character can be provided to you, if you want

longarms
June 2nd, 2009, 18:45
Game is on for tonight. New players are welcome... i'll give you a stock character if you do not have time to make one by tonight.

longarms
June 14th, 2009, 01:22
Next game is on Tuesday the 16th @ 6:30pm PST.

Drop ins are welcome. new players are welcome. just PM me or reply here for the login phrase. a character can be provided to you, if you want

longarms
June 17th, 2009, 01:10
game starts in about 1.5 hours. chat log from last session posted to https://www.pisian.com/log060209.html