PDA

View Full Version : Update today?

Moon Wizard
May 4th, 2009, 21:47
I noticed that FG downloaded an update today, but the version did not change. Any information on what the download was for? Foundation ruleset update?

Thanks,
JPG

Foen
May 4th, 2009, 22:07
I've noticed that (I'm using 2.3.6, not the beta version, but I have switched from one to the other and back again).

My guess is that the beta/live version manager has registered RC4 of the beta version and is running an update pass even though I'm using 2.3.6.

Well, it was just a guess!

Stuart

Zeus
May 4th, 2009, 23:15
I noticed a similar update last last night and again earlier today. I wondered what it was at the time and just thought perhaps it was a foundation update or something similar.

DNH
May 5th, 2009, 09:27
FWIW, I think it needs mentioning that the new Laboratory/Test version/RC approach adopted by SmiteWorks is a godsend. When it was introduced, we were told to play around with it and, barring any major problems, to expect a release in a week or so. That was about six weeks ago! This is not a criticism though, quite the opposite. The stuff that is broken with the new release is being fixed in a beta version before release to the general public, which is exactly the way it should be.

I won't deny I am getting impatient - I understand moon_wizard has a new 4e_JPG ruleset ready to go on release of FG 2.4.0 - but I fully support the new approach to releases.

unerwünscht
May 5th, 2009, 10:42
I agree with DNH, beta testing is a vital stage in any form of the development process.