PDA

View Full Version : LFM: Savage Worlds Rippers/Steampunk, Sundays 5PM GMT, FG2+Skype

iiioxx
May 3rd, 2009, 19:55
It is Victorian England, where danger and conspiracy wait down every darkened alleyway. The Empire teeters on the brink of destruction, its very existence threatened by forces of darkness attacking on a myriad of fronts, both physical and ethereal.

You are a member of a secret Organization, an adventurer in the service of the Queen, and you have been charged with defending the Crown and the Empire against all foes, sinister and supernatural. Carrying out clandestine operations under the cover of shadow, your group stands alone against mad scientists bent on world domination, foreign spies and saboteurs, and vile creatures summoned from the pits of Hell to destroy England, and the world.

We stand ready to defend Queen and Country. Will you stand with us?

Mobius and I are looking for a few more players to join our Sunday group. This will be a regular game, run either weekly or bi-weekly depending upon everyone's schedules. We will begin each Sunday at 4pm GMT (5pm IST, noon EDT, 9am PDT) and will play until whenever. We will use FG2 and Skype for voice chat.

NOTE: The time in the thread title is a typo. The correct time is 4pm GMT, taking daylight saving time into account.

The core ruleset is Savage Worlds, and the campaign is a Rippers/Steampunk hybrid created by Mobius. Mobius will be GMing the game.

Character concepts can be liberal, but should fit well in a Victorian setting, and with the mission of the group. This will be the sort of game where one might find oneself chasing a spawn of darkness through the tunnels under Westminster, only to pop out of a sewer grate into the midst of a dinner party for London's aristocracy - and one must keep up appearances! Arcane backgrounds are permitted, so long as the character is within the boundaries of the setting.

Sample character: Edmund Mallory is a rising young Scotland Yard detective with an outstanding record of solving baffling mysteries. But unbeknownst to his superiors, Mallory has a secret ability - to instantly know the history of any item he touches. When his investigation into a series of strange and horrifying Whitechapel murders brings him to the attention of the Organization, Mallory finds himself recruited into a circle where his unique talents have a value well beyond that of catching common thieves and scoundrels.

If your are interested in playing with us, please PM either myself or Mobius with your contact info and a character concept.

Thanks.

iiioxx

Mobius
May 3rd, 2009, 20:23
Great description there mate! Can't wait to get this going.

If anyone has any questions re. characters, or any of the core concepts just drop me a line.

Cheers,

Rob..

iiioxx
May 7th, 2009, 21:35
Bump. Still some open slots.

iiioxx
May 9th, 2009, 00:37
Bumpage again. Still have room for 1, maybe 2 more.

XOCentric
May 10th, 2009, 20:05
I'll gladly give this a try. Sounds interesting to me, except for the fact I've no experience with FG or this ruleset yet.

If you're willing to put up with my ineptitude for a session or two at most I'll be willing to play.

Mobius
May 10th, 2009, 21:10
Great! We just finished our first session, and it went pretty well...The guys played great characters.

My knowledge of FG is very low, so I'll be learning too, and I'm supposed to be GMing! :) So no worries there at all m8...

Like your idea for the character too!

Cheers,

Rob.

XOCentric
May 13th, 2009, 22:49
Do I have to download anything special? Like the savage worlds ruleset? I have FG2 FUll version. I noticed there's some SW stuff in there already and that I can't make a local character is what some people suggested.

Mobius
May 17th, 2009, 15:57
Hey guys,

Looks like today's session will have to be canceled, as one of the players can't make it :(. So we'll go for a run next week if that's okay?

Cheers,

Rob.