PDA

View Full Version : NPC/Personality Tokens and Maps

Zeus
May 3rd, 2009, 09:52
Hey all I am hitting a frustrating issue with NPC/Personality Tokens on maps not persisting across campaign load/saves.

I am using FG2 v2.3.6 and the latest 4E_JPG ruleset v1.4.4 on a Vista PC and generally the setup has worked very well.

However whats strange is if I load up a map from my campaign folder I can add PC associated tokens as well as NPC/Monster associated tokens from the Combat Tracker (records created by dragging PCs from Char Selection and NPCs/monsters from modules (4eMM) and/or Personalities).

However if I save the campaign, shutdown FG2 and restart, whilst the CT reloads as expected with all PCs and NPCs intact, the maps only load back up with only the PC associated tokens displaying. All NPC/Monsters tokens are missing! I then have to add all my NPC/monster tokens again!!!

This as you can imagine can be quite tedious particularly if there are a lot of NPCs/monsters. Is this normal for everyone else? Or am I missing something?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tenian
May 3rd, 2009, 17:54
FGII doesn't like to save tokens from a module. I'm not sure why but it is not ruleset specific.

Zeus
May 3rd, 2009, 21:08
FGII doesn't like to save tokens from a module. I'm not sure why but it is not ruleset specific.

Thanks for the quick response again Tenian. OK so this is a known issue then with FG2. I can workaround it in the meantime by ensuring I closing all combat encounters off before ending a session, that should eliminate monsters etc.

May prove more interesting dealing with NPCs though. Luckily for me I only have 1 journying with the PCs at the moment.

Sigurd
May 3rd, 2009, 21:12
Only work around I can think of - its really cludgy - take a screen cap before you close. Open the cap next to the pic on the new evening and reset the icons.

Sigurd

Zeus
May 3rd, 2009, 21:28
Thanks Sigurd, thats a good idea.

Griogre
May 4th, 2009, 06:02
Also if you add the tokens from the main campaign instead of a module they *will* stay on the map. That's why player tokens stick when the monster tokens go away.